Australorps breed Thread

As usual Mrs.B you're killing it. Not to CUT this short, but..

I have mine on turkey starter,and offer them BOSS daily. They're all nearing eight to ten ounces, I'm going to have to get pictures. Mine are five days older than yours.

Callaway at three weeks.

Callaway at five weeks (this evening).

So much growth! I love how his sheen is coming in a little. ♡

MrsB

They're so cute!

Thank you! :)

Thanks-I have some 3 week old BA chicks among bunches of other breeds, big & small. Hopefully have some nice pics to share eventually.

Did you get them from a hatchery or are they your own? Looking forward to pictures!!! :D

As usual Mrs.B you're killing it. Not to CUT this short, but..

I have mine on turkey starter,and offer them BOSS daily. They're all nearing eight to ten ounces, I'm going to have to get pictures. Mine are five days older than yours.

I should probably invest in a scale, huh?? I want to see your babies, too!

Silly question, because I know you are..... are you providing them with grit? :)

MrsB

Last edited:
They're from Ideal....we've had chickens for many years, but I just started getting into Layers almost a year ago with some other breeds & decided to expand some. My boyfriend has his games & I have my layers, some more regular, some a little less common & I take care of them all plus the rest of our "zoo" because he works out of town a lot.

They are outside already so they have a plentiful supply of grit and greens. They've almost gobbled up all the grass in their run though. I start offering all of my birds from a week on. They get it as they need it.

I offer them fruit and other greens starting young, in small amounts, to get them used to me. It's a quick way to tame game breeds and I just transferred it over to layers when I got into them years back.

Jld, Ideal has great Australorps production wise. Most of mine originated from them.

Back
Top Bottom