Australorps breed Thread

This is my 5 week old pet Australorp, Peggy Sue. She is the friendliest of our 4 chickens. Do you guys think she looks like a hen? Really hoping this one isn't a roo! Thanks.

At five weeks, that look like a pullet to me. :)

I've got a four-week-old and you can TELL he's a little roo.

Congrats on your girl!!

MrsB

@ RattlesnakrRidgeWV...................................................LOCK DOWN was Wed.
jumpy.gif

The girls got to experience their first hail storm... and after the initial spook just ran around the pen chasing and eating the hail!
ep.gif
lau.gif
Little goobers! It wasn't too bad, the hail was maybe bb to pea sized? So small and not much. I was worried I'd have to go out in it and close them in their coops but they stayed under the cover and snacked away haha

I've got a very prolific layer here. Her cycle appears to be a shorter one than usual, because with 4 pullets, I'm getting 5 eggs per day. She is the only brown egg layer in with 3 pullets that lay green eggs. It is very interesting to say the least.

Unless the rooster has started laying.
wink.png

2 of my 3 new Australorp girls, dad is only 3/4 australorp so the have slight tails. gorgeous big girls, 4 mths old and already dwarfing my polish roo and araucana hen

Back
Top Bottom