Australorps breed Thread

DavidAr,
Time will tell, although TSC thinks all black chicks are Australorps!

Juanita,
You are very welcome. I am so happy for you. Did you hatch something else (the lighter chicks) or did you get some splashes?

Orum,
The amber eyes was the clincher.

Still on BEAR WATCH!!!

No splashes. The lighter chicks are 3 bantam mille fleur cochins & 3 red orpingtons. Your Splashes are Beautiful
droolin.gif

Oooooo, that bear is gonna meet his maker....................... hopefully real soon

Last edited:
Kurt, you're confirming suspicions on my old hen. I had always been thrown by her eyes, I've never had an Aussie with eyes like hers. Dark brown maybe, but not Amber. The older hen is hatchery, came from a black pullet bin. She was given to me in good faith from my MIL with a bunch of other hatchery mutts. They're great layers, but I don't breed them. I refuse to.

The pullet and Spencer the cockeral are to have their own paradise pen. The older hen lives with my layers. My young birds are still free ranging together, as they just aren't ready to be separated into breeder pens. I really need to find some more hens closer to the SOP to put under him so he doesn't wear her out. I may give him some olive eggers to keep number nine from being torn to shreds, he is still a zealous mate.

@DavidAR Those do appear to be Aussie chicks. You'll love them.

@cracrzy4chicks good looking bunch fluffy butts!
Thanks orum, I'm very excited to say the least ................................... to have the opportunity & privilege to hatch some of Kurt's BBS Aussie's
love.gif

Kate,
You gotta love the diamond back tug of war. Are they cattahoula cur? My next question is are they smart enough to stay away when the snake is alive or are they snake killers. I lost a dog to a rattler and my prized breeder Dundee.
Kurt

Last edited:
Haha Gramma they do that with every kill. It's ceremonial.

Kurt,

They are big time snake killers. The red dog is a ridgeback / red bone coonhound who is going on fourteen. The bigger tan colored one is a side of the road special I found six years ago in a ditch while riding my horse. He's survived deaths door a few times. The little one I found bound in a trash can back in October. She was like four pounds then. Your guess is as good as mine. They're definitely heavy in cur dog descendants.

Back
Top Bottom