Australorps eggs

Lauraadriana66

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2023
Hello! I’m getting anxious since were entering week 21. I would like to hear your experiences with a australorps. When did you get the first egg? I go every morning to check, but I’m pretty sure I will know when they have laid their egg. I remember well back when growing up we had chickens. Here’s a picture of the ladies.

Attachments

• 8F6A34B6-E7A1-4173-8466-0186BD519F68.jpeg
    8F6A34B6-E7A1-4173-8466-0186BD519F68.jpeg
    675.2 KB · Views: 36
If you're in the northern hemisphere, you're not likely to get eggs until early February when day light increases.
Egg cycles are light driven
Ah I see ! I used to live in mexico now I’m in Utah US. Not winter yet but definitely get what you’re saying.

If you're in the northern hemisphere, you're not likely to get eggs until early February when day light increases.
Egg cycles are light driven
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 😭

I'm at week 22. I need Mushroom to start laying. She goes in the nest box every morning at 9:05 to trash the place. I'm practically catching the eggs from Ginger's behind so Mushroom doesn't destroy them.

I NEED THAT SWITCH TO FLIP!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 😭

I'm at week 22. I need Mushroom to start laying. She goes in the nest box every morning at 9:05 to trash the place. I'm practically catching the eggs from Ginger's behind so Mushroom doesn't destroy them.

I NEED THAT SWITCH TO FLIP!
I have two 27 week old pullets that have yet to do squat so, I'm in the same boat.😅

Two years ago, I got chicks in June. My Blue Australorps laid that November, around 23-24 weeks.

When I got Australorp chicks 3 years ago in March, they started laying in August, at 19-20 weeks.

I got Bielefelder and Australorp chicks in May this year. Still waiting, at 23 weeks...

Back
Top Bottom