Automatic LOCKING pop door (added a light switch)

KDK1

Songster
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
Tennessee Plateau
Still waiting on a timer to install in coop. I got the idea off the internet some time ago but couldn't find it again when I decided to build one. Did the best I could from memory... works great! iPhone pics and video... excuse the quality.
98066_autodoor1.jpg

98066_autodoor2.jpg

Here it is in action.

Last edited:
lol. right on. I'm impressed. You made that yourself? I've been thinking about making my own automatic door I just lack faith in my capabilities. Might be a sucker and just buy that one that you can order online for like $140 or whatever. But for real, great job.

I like the idea of a locking door for the coop great job!. Also the add a motor is a great product for the price compared to a complete unit. I have had one for about 6 months now with no issues.

I added a switch for an idicator light to it today. The light will eventually go in the run somewhere or in the house. I hope the timer gets here soon before I get any more ideas.

Quote:
It will be painted before install... matter of fact I'll be priming today. There is also plenty of play and will be using parrifin for regular maintenance.

This is what I would like. But no electricity in coop. Need a battery set up... Going to attempt the manual self locking for now and hopefully will figure out how to rig the add a motor to a battery and timer before winter
1f60f.png

Back
Top Bottom