Autosexing Breed Egg Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got them from a breeder near Sacramento, CA. I believe they are Greenfire farms lines.
The leg bars came from her too. And my one lonely Gold Cuckoo Roo too.

ok...will watched hens never lay?
This is post 20, so, now I need eggs!
I hope to be adding Hambars to my collection too.
Which means I will be dispersing my Hamburg and Polish Flocks. (I'm sure my husband will make me keep HIS gold lace Polish hen tho.) I will plan that for the end of the summer.

I like the idea of trading here. The other thread has too much other small talk on it....which is just what i am doing.....but it is to get to post 20.
tongue.gif

They are?  Googling . . . .
Yes by color markings around the eyes. Females have black markings like eyeliner around the eyes and a v shaped black mark right behind their eye. Males have none of these markings. Here is a pic of a male with no markings. Below is a link to a few more. Chick on far right is male, no marking. other 3 are female note the marking around the eyes and head

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/...71/71f6ebf2_118.jpeg&setName=&urlSlug=118-jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought this was only right part of the time, if the breeder bred for it, kind of like the Barnevleders, Gray chest means female, white means male, but yellow is anyone's guess. However,with true auto-sexed it is 100% accurate 100% of the time, right?

I thought this was only right part of the time, if the breeder bred for it, kind of like the Barnevleders, Gray chest means female, white means male, but yellow is anyone's guess.  However,with true auto-sexed it is 100% accurate 100% of the time, right?
I can't speak for barnevelders but with my Welsummers there is 100% difference in my males and females by markings. I have hatched them for some time and never not been able to tell a pullet from a roo. After I started breeding Welsummers I learned about the auto sexing here BYC from others on the Welsummer thread.

Last edited:
Quote:
I looked at the pics and the one to the left that has a bunch they are all females, correct? I have just never heard of of Welies to be autosexed. Very cool that they can be. Per the included post the one that should be male, was the only female, the rest that had the eyeliner were males. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/91436/cute-chicks-male-or-female-3-week-update-again

Like I said IDK, just thought it was more in what the breeder bred for.

PS #3 is the only girl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom