Avery's Puppy Countdown Thread!

How Many Puppies will be born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
Not really, but purple puppy pooped on me today and part of it had kind of a white stringy section. I immediately thought it looked like worms, but I pulled that area a part some to inspect and they didn't look like any worms I've ever seen. I've seen worms in my poultry before and they didn't look the same.

What is the correct dosage for ten day old pups? Is it by age or weight?
The dosage should be on the container. It's been too long, I can't remember.

The dosage should be on the container. It's been too long, I can't remember.
Duh, sorry about that, just got home from "God Loves You" Franklin Graham tour, left home at 1:30pm, now 11 pm. It was wonderful, but I am tired. The actual answer is by weight. Be sure you treat momma too. What did the worm look like?

Duh, sorry about that, just got home from "God Loves You" Franklin Graham tour, left home at 1:30pm, now 11 pm. It was wonderful, but I am tired. The actual answer is by weight. Be sure you treat momma too. What did the worm look like?
Oh awesome!
I'm not sure if that's what they are or not. I'll try to get a pic if I see anything again.
If they have roundworm eggs, which is likely unless Avery was wormed several times as a puppy herself, you wouldn't necessarily see them.
I don't think Avery has ever been dewormed.
I'll treat her as well if I have enough!

@casportpony can you check my math here? I know you're the dosage expert.
Green puppy weighs 3 lbs. 3 oz.
Blue puppy weighs 2 lbs. 4 oz.
Pink puppy weighs 3 lbs. 2 oz.
Teal puppy weighs 3 lbs. 5 oz.
Purple puppy weighs 2 lbs. 10 oz.
Red puppy weighs 2 lbs. 12 oz.

This is the dosage according to the bottle
IMG_20230505_150022643.jpg

1 tsp for every 10 pounds. 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml.
So 5 ml. for every 10 pounds. Green puppy, for example, weighs 3 lbs. 3 oz. So I believe I would divide the 5 ml. by 10 pounds, that's 0.5 ml. per pound. Then I do 0.5 ml. times 3.3?
Which gives me 1.65 ml.
Then repeat for each one. Does that sound right? And to fill my syringe, that would be one full syringe, and then .65, so would I fill the second syringe to about the red dot?
61KCDRbZ0xL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_~2.jpg

Last edited:
Then for Avery, she weighed about 70 pounds at 4 weeks pregnant. So I'm guessing she's back to around 70 now.
For her I'd do 0.5 ml. times 70 pounds, which gives me 35 ml. Right?

@casportpony can you check my math here? I know you're the dosage expert.
Green puppy weighs 3 lbs. 3 oz.
Blue puppy weighs 2 lbs. 4 oz.
Pink puppy weighs 3 lbs. 2 oz.
Teal puppy weighs 3 lbs. 5 oz.
Purple puppy weighs 2 lbs. 10 oz.
Red puppy weighs 2 lbs. 12 oz.

This is the dosage according to the bottle
View attachment 3494122

1 tsp for every 10 pounds. 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml.
So 5 ml. for every 10 pounds. Green puppy, for example, weighs 3 lbs. 3 oz. So I believe I would divide the 5 ml. by 10 pounds, that's 0.5 ml. per pound. Then I do 0.5 ml. times 3.3?
Which gives me 1.65 ml.
Then repeat for each one. Does that sound right? And to fill my syringe, that would be one full syringe, and then .65, so would I fill the second syringe to about the red dot? View attachment 3494144
I think you did your math correctly.

What's the front of the bottle look like?

Back
Top Bottom