Kato The Rescue Puppy

How should I spell his name?

• Total voters
Did he come with!? Brew did too!
Yes, he did pretty good. If you cock your head at him or stare at his eyes for awhile he'll bark at you🤣, so I looked away and he went to sleep. I don't mind this behavior too much because he only does it when he's bored and far too many dogs lack the confidence to meet my gaze, I need him to respond to me, and he's good at listening when I ask him to stop. Eye contact is a hard thing to train into a dog, he's very good at reading expressions 🤯🥰😭😍❤️💔💞

Yes, he did pretty good. If you cock your head at him or stare at his eyes for awhile he'll bark at you🤣, so I looked away and he went to sleep. I don't mind this behavior too much because he only does it when he's bored and far too many dogs lack the confidence to meet my gaze, I need him to respond to me, and he's good at listening when I ask him to stop. Eye contact is a hard thing to train into a dog, he's very good at reading expressions 🤯🥰😭😍❤️💔💞
Awww he sounds amazing!! 🥰❤️

20211126_194040.jpg

My boy is too big too fast😭😭😭

20211119_105433~2.jpg

Somebody already needs a fifth bath:th

Kato LOVES Danny, and Danny seems to like him back. Danny doesn't have too much tolerance for puppy behavior and will put him in his place occasionally, but never too roughly.

Rose tries very hard to play with him, she also has to maintain her "boss lady" image though 🤭. Rose has always loved puppies, she's been bouncing with him and letting him play with her ball. She is a super amazing dog, and has always been an wonderful puppy mama.

20211129_190733.jpg

This is a blurry pic, but a couple seconds earlier he had tried to taste those cords, I said "No." and he stopped. The funny thing is, I have been giving him a "Yes!" to chew on right after he bites a "No." This time I didn't because I was preoccupied. A few seconds later I look over and he has found himself a "Yes!"
20211129_191135.jpg
He's so smart🥰

For those of you who love puppies and puppy pictures.

I rescued Cato and two other sibs in October (coincidentally pitbull awareness day is in October). The other two have been rehomed, but Cato is my boy🥰. His mom was hit by a car, but from what I saw of her around town she looked to be a VERY stocky and well built pit mix. I have no idea what kind of dog his daddy was. Cato was eleven pounds at about 7 weeks old, he is now fifteen pounds and only 8 weeks old😭. I thought I had rescued a medium weight but probably gonna be muscular and stocky type dog, I was originally predicting 50lbs, but if this chart is correct, he'll be over 100lbs, maybe even 130ish.
View attachment 2907062
I have only ever had one other terrier breed. She was a BRAT! And had to be rehomed because she was so horrible. This little guy is SO SMART! He is doing alright with chickens but since this is my first time training a terrier breed to chill with the chickens I would appreciate any advice y'all experts may have.

I will update with pics as he grows!

(First week, second day home)
View attachment 2907064View attachment 2907066
View attachment 2907068
See how nicely he fits into his little dog bed? Well, he's already outgrown it😭

Here he is more recently
View attachment 2907071View attachment 2907072View attachment 2907073View attachment 2907074View attachment 2907075View attachment 2907077
How's Kato?

Back
Top Bottom