Aviary netting... need help!

WhiteMountainsRanch

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
San Diego, CA
Hi all I just got 2 European Shelducks and need to find some aviary netting, approx 25' x 50' or so, where do I find this? It doesn't seem like any of my local stores have it, and it's all very expensive on eBay and other shopping sites...

Thanks!

I bought mine at one of my local garden centers.

The big box stores didn't carry it, so I called around at just garden centers and found several in my area. I bought about the same size as what you need in black and paid less than $30.00.

I love the stuff. I made an arch out of 3/4" PVC connected in the middle with elbow and then just drapped the netting over the top and ziptied it to the kennel fencing.

Warning though - the thick heavy wet snow we had dump 2 wks ago, weighted the netting down. I fell asleep and woke up with 4" of snow on the ground.

I had to go out and hit the snow with a broom to knock it out and then just stand the PVC back up (slightly bent) and reattach the zip ties.

Good luck with your set-up.

Sweet Cheeks, do you know what kind/ brand it was? I could go down to the hardware store?

Ams- I was looking last night at ebay and didn't really see anything in my price range... I really only need just a little bit, so it's hard to find ones that aren't in big rolls!

Any pics of these aviaries?
hide.gif

I couldn't find aviary netting locally ~ only bird net for fruit trees. I bought my aviary netting from Cutler Supply It is very heavy duty and comes in many sizes. I really like it although when we got 10" of heavy snow last night, I did go out twice and knock the snow off of it as it was accumulating on top of it and weighting it down. It popped right back in place once the snow was off.

It's not the best picture, but the coop on the right has the run covered with the aviary netting.
P1120771.jpg

Oh - Well - Duh!!!! I just noticed you're in San Diego.

When I get home from work, I'll look on the work bench to see if I saved the insert from the bag that included the brand, size, strength.

Back
Top Bottom