awaiting hatching...

Dec 8, 2017
I'm having a go at incubating and raising quail. Got a nice but basic (no auto-turn) Brinsea incubator, and a dozen Japanese quail eggs, mail-ordered. They are due to hatch today and I'm feeling nervous! I've seen a few egg wiggles off and on over the last few days. Today, no wiggles, no sign of pipping yet. I know they are not always on time, but I can't help worrying!

I'm having a go at incubating and raising quail. Got a nice but basic (no auto-turn) Brinsea incubator, and a dozen Japanese quail eggs, mail-ordered. They are due to hatch today and I'm feeling nervous! I've seen a few egg wiggles off and on over the last few days. Today, no wiggles, no sign of pipping yet. I know they are not always on time, but I can't help worrying!
:welcome We all do that get nervous at hatch time keep watching and waiting. Those little get full the wiggling is them getting in position to pip and hatch .what day are you on ?

Hello :frow
Welcome to BYC!!
They are so fun to hatch out! I'm on batch 3 with 4 in the mail headed our way(all my husband's doing...)
Some are really fast at hatching and others take their sweet time!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!
Happy Hatching!
Thank you, Hope Hughes. Good to know some variation is normal Well, I already sort of knew that, I've been reading up on the process, but it's still reassuring to hear it again!

Thank you, Hope Hughes. Good to know some variation is normal Well, I already sort of knew that, I've been reading up on the process, but it's still reassuring to hear it again!
Your welcome!
I was like you and researched the crud out of it! I knew (still don't really know anything) about quail and hatching them. I have had like a billion chickens and hatched them but not quail.... one thing I can say is they are really easy and they eat a lot lol
Can't wait to see photos of your new little fluffys!

Thank you for the reassurance, everyone who has replied. It's just so hard to wait!
Your welcome!
I was like you and researched the crud out of it! I knew (still don't really know anything) about quail and hatching them. I have had like a billion chickens and hatched them but not quail.... one thing I can say is they are really easy and they eat a lot lol
Can't wait to see photos of your new little fluffys!

Thanks, Hope Hughes. Day 18 today and I've seen some rocking eggs but no sign of hatching yet! The wait is killing me!

Thank you for the reassurance, everyone who has replied. It's just so hard to wait!

Thanks, Hope Hughes. Day 18 today and I've seen some rocking eggs but no sign of hatching yet! The wait is killing me!
It is so hard to wait... put first hatch I think I checked ever 5sec!! But my husband was just as bad checking too Lol! It'

So exciting to watch them just pop right out.​

Back
Top Bottom