AWFUL experience with Cackle.

Quote:
I agree with you, rancher hicks.

I will also have to AGREE
thumbsup.gif
. We do not take orders if we know we can not fill them, But then again we do not set your eggs until the chicks are requested.

Steve

Quote:
I agree with you, rancher hicks.

thumbsup.gif
. We do not take orders if we know we can not fill them, But then again we do not set your eggs until the chicks are requested.

Steve

And so do I... wow! What a miserable experience... I don't think that the customer has to except any responsibilty for this mess...

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Steve

And so do I... wow! What a miserable experience... I don't think that the customer has to except any responsibilty for this mess...

I do not agree the OP and cackle had a mis-understading and the OP said that they might buy from cackle again.
And, in fact, they agreed with me today that THEY handled it wrong and there was nothing that I could have done to make the process run any smoother. Next year I will only order from them if I can order very early and without time restrictions. I will likely give them another chance in the future (like I said earlier) if they handle the rest of the process OK and if I get good quality from them. I will also make sure that I place the order with one specific rep and follow-up only with that rep.​

Chicks arrived today. Everyone seems fairly healthy right now according to my pick-up person. I haven't seen them yet but I will shortly. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that after this mess I actually ended up with some really nice quality birds.
wink.png

Have you gotten to see them yet? Are they okay?

I've ordered from Cackle several times and have always been happy with my customer service. I have ordered from them at least 12 or 13 years ago, before Computer days and have never had any problems. Hopefully this was just a one time thing.

I have NOTHING good to say about them...The short story
Ordered 55, only 47 arrived-were shipped 3 days AFTER the date they were suppossed to be shiped (ordered a month in advance)
They (Cackle chicks) started dropping like flys (mind you Ive already brooded out close to 300 chicks this year with NO losses in the brooder and only 2 once they got to the pen and then another 9 in a VERY bad storm once moved to the pens)
I call I whine...(they do have nice customer service) and they agree to send out 26 more.
They arrive. there are 28 YAY!
They start dropping like flys...I want to cry every time I go check on them (which is several times daily)
I just did the math
As of this moment I have lost 22 chicks, 3 more wont see morning.

I WILL NEVER EVER EVER bother with this hatchery again
(breeds were polish and silkies and the silkies are the ones croaking-lost some polish but there i something SERIOUSLY wrong with their silkies...DO NOT ORDER SILKIES FROM CACKLE!!!! (IMHO) Im beyond livid...a few losses ok, this many of the same breed, they got PROBELMS! (FYI Im in FL so temp is NOT an issue)

I've ordered from Cackle several times over the last ten years or so and never had any problems with my orders. I've even changed amounts and breeds at the last minute and received exactly what I wanted, and exactly when they were promised. I've had very few losses.
The only thing I can say bad about Cackle is that they sell VERY poor quality Orpingtons, very small (not Bantam, just small), flighty, noisy things they are. Not like their breed description at all. Other breeds I have ordered from them have been pretty good quality for hatchery birds.

Quote:
I've gotten them home now (actually last night) and everyone seems fine. Time will tell on the quality.

As far as Cackle goes, it's interesting... From what I have read and heard, people seem to either have great experiences with them or rotten experiences. Not a whole lot of in between.

And for the poster that termed this whole thing a misunderstanding, I just wanted to say that it was a misunderstanding. ON CACKLE'S END ONLY! I knew from the get-go what I needed and wanted. I did my very best to convey that to them MULTIPLE times throughout the process. I kept notes each time I talked with them that included who I talked with and the date/time along with what was said. As I have said before, I am really not sure how much better I could have been from my end.

I am guessing (and this is just a guess) that they have some really good people in customer service there like the lady I finally spoke to when this thing all blew up. But they likely hire "extra" people for their busy season (just like I have to do in my business) and I think that those folks may not be quite up to the task. The good CSR that I spoke to on Wednesday did say that they were missing some "key personnel" right now. Still, none of that is my fault. The reason why I might try them again is ONLY because of the good job she did smoothing things over. I know because I do own my own businesses how crap happens. But I also know how you handle that crap is the true test of your business.

I think its the time of year you order. Hatcherys are very busy this time of year. They tend to get frazzed. I ordered in September and had perfect order, no losses.

We ordered from them this spring, and they had to move our shipping dates. They said the bad weather had hurt their birds egg production.

Back
Top Bottom