Ayam Cemani chickens suddenly sick?

What are you feeding?
Can you get some photos of the poop?
Any chance feed was moldy?
No lice/mites?
I agree, I would keep them on the Corid (Amprolium).
You are correct with your dosing.
I would be inclined to also give the sickest ones a direct oral drench of undiluted Corid at a rate of .10ml per pound of weight for 3 days in a row. This is in addition to them drinking the mixed Corid water. Do keep in mind that sick birds don't drink well, so you may need to syringe the mixed Corid water into them several times a day to get the meds into them and keep them hydrated.

Hopefully they will pull out of it. Keep us posted.

Don't give any vitamins if they're on Corid as it nullifies both. Red Cell for equines is also something I give my chicks that are suffering Coccidiosis as it boosts their Iron levels and prevents deadly effects of anemia from the Coccidosis.
Red Cell also contains B1 (Thiamine) it's not something I would give during the course of treatment with Corid since this is the extra vitamin you want to avoid:)
Best course of action it to not give any extra vitamins until treatment is over.

Coccidiosis is a good guess. Timing would be right. You may not see bloody stools in all cases since only some strains produce the blood.

It would be a good idea to do the drench for the sickest chicks along with the Corid water. Give about .3ml undiluted Corid directly into the crop via oral syringe once a day for three days.
2E58EFC7-81BD-4ADE-88BC-5E00F907A388_1_105_c.jpeg

Second feeding of the morning went well. The sickest one seems to know I am helping it as it comes to me when I come down into the booder. And this time, it took a couple of drinks of the medicated water without me having to put its beak into the water. So that's encouraging.

Not out of the woods yet but hopefully it does ok. The rest of them seem fine, though one other one was a bit listless yesterday but seems to be perking back up.

Hi 👋
My ayam cemani has become sick the past 2 days. She is usually the first one to run over for feed in the morning and always running about. She is very listless and not eating. Her crop is empty & seems to be off balance a bit. I have separated her and put her in a mini chicken hospital with water & some watery bread. Can anyone advise me on what else I can do? Her poo is watery and dark brown/green.

Back
Top Bottom