AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out!

They are black from the beginning. It sounds like they were not pure cemani. There could be a mix somewhere down the genetic line. It happens. SO they might not have know that they are mixed. I personally do not have any but I am working my to getting a pure black chicken of whichever breed, Cemani, Hona, Ogye, etc...

They are black from the beginning. It sounds like they were not pure cemani. There could be a mix somewhere down the genetic line. It happens. SO they might not have know that they are mixed. I personally do not have any but I am working my to getting a pure black chicken of whichever breed, Cemani, Hona, Ogye, etc...
They were sold to me saying they were pure black from the Greenfire line so I don't really think it is a genetic mistake. I have given them the option of sending me what i paid for or I will reverse the charges. If they sell a lot of different breeds maybe they sent me the wrong birds. I just don't have any idea what these are. Here are a couple of photos of the chicks a few hours old. The one is very silver. Any ideas on what they might be??

None of those look like Cemani chicks. The top one looks like a lavender color and the bottom one I am not sure of? What color eggs did they send you? Did these chicks hatch from?

None of those look like Cemani chicks. The top one looks like a lavender color and the bottom one I am not sure of? What color eggs did they send you? Did these chicks hatch from?
They were in light to medish brown they do not have feathers on their feet or legs. The person I bought the eggs from admited to sending me the wrong eggs and is going to send me the right ones. I just would love to know what they are?? Maybe when they start getting feathers it will be more clear

They were in light to medish brown they do not have feathers on their feet or legs. The person I bought the eggs from admited to sending me the wrong eggs and is going to send me the right ones. I just would love to know what they are?? Maybe when they start getting feathers it will be more clear
Well that's good they told you the truth! Im glad chicken people are honest for the most part. Im sure there are some bad seeds out there. But I like to see the good in people. They are pretty chicks whatever they are esp that little silver one!

Following. I want to purchase these too from the same supplier and curious of the hatch rate and or the chick survival rate. Would be for pet and show - spoiled rotten
1f601.png

Are there any other reliable sources for eggs or chicks? It is a lot of money to part with to go on eBay or the like. Prefer a breeder for my flock.

Following. I want to purchase these too from the same supplier and curious of the hatch rate and or the chick survival rate. Would be for pet and show - spoiled rotten
1f601.png

Are there any other reliable sources for eggs or chicks? It is a lot of money to part with to go on eBay or the like. Prefer a breeder for my flock.
the person that finally sent me replacement eggs only sent me half the eggs I paid for and now wants another 15 to get the rest of them. I feel like I am being extorted.

DId you order from greenfire? Or did the seller just claim to have that line? Can you confirm please. If its another seller can you share their name with me in a PM so I am sure not to purchase from them. Anyone try Ebay? Didnt want to go that route for the same reasons of not getting what I am paying for but after reading your experience I am starting to wonder....

DId you order from greenfire? Or did the seller just claim to have that line? Can you confirm please. If its another seller can you share their name with me in a PM so I am sure not to purchase from them. Anyone try Ebay? Didnt want to go that route for the same reasons of not getting what I am paying for but after reading your experience I am starting to wonder....

I ordered from ebay and had to turn them both in ebay gave me a refund and one seller is suspended now

Back
Top Bottom