Ayam Cemani Rooster or Hen?

I bought 2 Ayam Cemani's and they are about 4 weeks old. However Im not sure if they are rooster or hen? Whats your thoughts?
from the saddle and tail feathers and crown I say you have one hen and the other is a rooster.
Good luck I'm still waiting to see if my Egyptian faiyumi is a boy or a girl

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_064031.jpg
    IMG_20200723_064031.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 20
Okay here's an update of my 6 week old Ayam Cemani's! I have two and I'm leaning towards a male and female based solely on combs. Still have two weeks till its official. I've attached some photos of them enjoy!
IMG_4936.JPG
Ayam Cemani A1.JPG
Ayam Cemani A2.JPG
Ayam Cemani A3.JPG
Ayam Cemani A4.JPG
Ayam Cemani A5.JPG
Ayam Cemani B1.JPG
Ayam Cemani B2.JPG
Ayam Cemani B5.JPG
MFR Ayam Cemani's.JPG

I agree it looks like you lucked out with a pair!! The one has much more comb and wattle development than the other. Keep your fingers crossed that this is the case!!

Are you sure? Hens can crow too. And sometimes, when pullets test out their voices for the first time, it can kind of sound like a cockerel trying to crow.
No it was clear as day.... It crowed multiple times! Also was acting like a rooster and was getting more aggressive! When I looked last the the waddles and comb had filling in and was almost identical in size as the other. I wanted it so much to be a hen. lol I was holding out hope but in the end I couldn't deny the evidence.

Back
Top Bottom