Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they do lose there yellow/pink skin. But I don't think it can happen personally. But I'll let you all know in 4 months. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I have a Black Ameraucana with that green/purple sheen to her feathers, and she has dark slate legs.... really pretty bird. Those birds Toni-Marie posted are absolutely gorgeous! I hope to be able to afford some hatching eggs one day! I'm in Texas, but I think the drive would be well worth it!

-Evan

i just want to share what i know about this birds here in Indonesia.

We have to remember for the meaning of cemani is "jet black / total black / absolut black / pure black" ( i dont know what in english )

so,.. we are here can not say that is Cemani if that have any other color like red, yellow, green, blue or white.

but, we still can accept the grey color. usualy at the neck color,

and also i'm here, i often time found my cemani chick have grey color at the neck, but after 5 - 7 weeks old, they turning black.

i think this video is good for example ( i upload this video is for this thread)

and i'm sorry, i dont know why the 2 of sunsetvalley eggs have yelow and white. and 2 are very good.

Best Regards,....

I've not hatched Cemani, but I do have a couple breeds that are gypsy faced. My Tomaru and Sumatra both have a few that hatch this way. Then they do turn black, including the toes, after a few months. I personally saw the start of the auction with my own eyes. The eggs were listed for $50. It's people's own choice to spend as much as they like. The buyers set the price, not Toni-Marie. Toni-Marie is a reputable breeder. I've known her personally for over a decade. I do find it interesting how the chicks were arranged in the photos from the buyer.

Beautiful pics from you as always, Toni-Marie!

David

JFYI You can get a regular skin color chick form time to time but it is to be culled. It is on my web pages about the possibility. www.bantamlongtails.com . Not often but it can happen...Like the man at Cemoni farms he has been breeding these birds for a long time and works to get and keep them like he does. All it means is that I have a hen that has only 1 dose of the fibro gene. Like I always said from day 1 these are a land race breed (my birds) and have not been breed like cemoni farms to get that refinement. Thats what breeding is all about. I've had these birds all this time and no-one said nothing. Now that one of the large farms has also got them everyone wants them...

JFYI You can get a regular skin color chick form time to time but it is to be culled. It is on my web pages about the possibility. www.bantamlongtails.com . Not often but it can happen...Like the man at Cemoni farms he has been breeding these birds for a long time and works to get and keep them like he does. All it means is that I have a hen that has only 1 dose of the fibro gene. Like I always said from day 1 these are a land race breed (my birds) and have not been breed like cemoni farms to get that refinement. Thats what breeding is all about. I've had these birds all this time and no-one said nothing. Now that one of the large farms has also got them everyone wants them...
Very true!

I would like to point out that people would do well to keep what little genetic diversity already exists in the gene pools. That goes for any breed. The moment you start getting cookie-cutter birds where every bird in the flock is just the same, you're headed down S#*7 creek without a paddle. Shallow gene pools lead to disaster in a hurry, usually irreparably so.

David

I would like to point out that people would do well to keep what little genetic diversity already exists in the gene pools. That goes for any breed. The moment you start getting cookie-cutter birds where every bird in the flock is just the same, you're headed down S#*7 creek without a paddle. Shallow gene pools lead to disaster in a hurry, usually irreparably so.

David

X2 . We walk a fine line between maintaining Type and retaining Health, Vigor and Reproductive capability

Bill

Last edited:
I know for a fact that I have the blackest, purest genetically sound chickens. I hope the picture below dispels any doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom