Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know if English is your first language, but Neither I nor anyone else is trying to put words in your mouth.
If you would take the time to carefully read my comments , you would see that I posted the Written Dutch Standard because it is the only written one that I am aware of . I do not know of any other way to make the American and Worldwide public aware of one interpretation of the so called ideal Ayam Cemani. If this written description does not agree with the way Indonesians want the Cemani to look like , Say So, and tell us what the mistakes are. Just saying there is an ideal Indonesian Ideal and not telling us what it is serves no purpose. I feel that your frustration and apparent anger is misplaced. You say we are Wrong but you do not say what is Right .
There is no need for conflict over this issue. There is I think a lot of misunderstanding.

Last edited:
I do not know if English is your first language, but Neither I nor anyone else is trying to put words in your mouth.
  If you would take the time to carefully read  my comments  , you would see that I posted the Written Dutch Standard because it is the only written one that I am aware of . I do not know of any other way to make the American and Worldwide public aware of one interpretation of the so called ideal Ayam Cemani. If this written description does not agree with the way Indonesians  want the Cemani to look like , Say So, and tell us what the mistakes are.  Just saying there is an ideal Indonesian Ideal and not telling us what it is serves no purpose. I feel that your frustration and apparent anger is misplaced.   You say we are Wrong but you do not say what is Right .
  There is no need for conflict over this issue. There is I think a lot of misunderstanding.
Kind person,
I shall try to articulate in a vernacular that that alleviates at least minimally some degree your propensity to question the lineage of my mother tongue.
When I said that you put words in my mouth I was referring to your statement that I laid out an Indonesian standard for the bird.
I in fact didn't did no such thing. I just simply stated that there was a standard.
Let me say in other words that maybe can be more understood, exactly what I had to say about the Indonesian Cemani standard. Because I guess this is the part that you find confusing that I could know fundamental aspects of the standard without being able to articulate everyt Nuance in writing. I can know that there is a plane without being able to fly it. And even when pressed don't feel it necessary to deliver a flight plan.
So let's give it a go having to do with the Indonesian standard for this bird. The basic foundation of the bird is that it is black and solely black. That means no white, no red, no Mallberry nothing no color just black.
Any white, any red does not meet Indonesian standard.
All Black Good\White,Red not Good.
Black as an blackbird singing in the dead of night. Black like when you turn out the lights and don't see anything else. Black=Cemani/Cemani = Black.
I'm beginning to feel like there's a secret order of the poultry Templer flock, a da Vinci coop if you will.
Trying desperately to keep the white bloodline present in this magnificent bird.
You may choose to go out after me to jump through your standard hoops. But please rest easy none of this bothers me and I'm really not angry. To those who are annoyed by these tirades, I agree with you completely if everyone would agree with me they would stop quickly.

Same here old hound,

Allyn

Re read what You wrote. You said they have a standard ( here that means a written one) but then you posted that you would post it. Not sure if we could read Indonesia so you would translate it... what you posted next was simlar in format to a written standard, but its wording made no sence . Had nothing to do with birds???? So ... not sure how anyone has put words in your mouth.
You're the one who made the comment and said you would post the standard.... so don't think I or anyone else has done that....

Which part would you like? I'll see if I can get it translated for you I'm assuming you don't speak Indonesian.

stand·ard
ˈstandərd/
noun
a level of quality or attainment.
"their restaurant offers a high standard of service"
synonyms: quality, level, grade, caliber, merit, excellence More
a required or agreed level of quality or attainment.
"half of the beaches fail to comply with EPA standards"
synonyms: guideline, norm, yardstick, benchmark, measure, criterion, guide, touchstone, model, pattern, example, exemplar More
an idea or thing used as a measure, norm, or model in comparative evaluations.
"the wages are low by today's standards"
principles of conduct informed by notions of honor and decency.
"a decline in moral standards"
synonyms: principle, ideal; More
a form of language that is widely accepted as the correct form.
the prescribed weight of fine metal in gold or silver coins.
"the sterling standard for silver"
a system by which the value of a currency is defined in terms of gold or silver or both.
an object that is supported in an upright position, in particular.
a military or ceremonial flag carried on a pole or hoisted on a rope.
synonyms: flag, banner, pennant, ensign, color(s), banderole, guidon; More
a tree or shrub that grows on an erect stem of full height.
a shrub grafted on an erect stem and trained in tree form.
BOTANY
the large frequently erect uppermost petal of a papilionaceous flower.
BOTANY
one of the inner petals of an iris flower, frequently erect.
an upright water or gas pipe.
a tune or song of established popularity.
adjective
adjective: standard
used or accepted as normal or average.
"the standard rate of income tax"
synonyms: normal, usual, typical, stock, common, ordinary, customary, conventional, wonted, established, well-established, settled, set, fixed, traditional, prevailing More
antonyms: unusual, special
(of a size, measure, design, etc.) such as is regularly used or produced; not special or exceptional.
"all these doors come in a range of standard sizes"
(of a work, repertoire, or writer) viewed as authoritative or of permanent value and so widely read or performed.
"his essays on the interpretation of reality became a standard text"
synonyms: definitive, established, classic, recognized, accepted, authoritative, most reliable, exhaustive More
denoting or relating to the spoken or written form of a language widely accepted as usual and correct.
"speakers of standard English"
(of a tree or shrub) growing on an erect stem of full height.
(of a shrub) grafted on an erect stem and trained in tree form.
"standard roses"
Origin

More
Middle English (denoting a flag raised on a pole as a rallying point, the authorized exemplar of a unit of measurement, or an upright timber): shortening of Old French estendart , from estendre ‘extend’; sense 3 of the noun, influenced by the verb stand.

Please explain this post then Allyn. This is where you have totally confussed everyone. Was posted after tour standard comment and this was tour reply....

Same here old hound,

Allyn

Re read what You wrote. You said they have a standard ( here that means a written one) but then you posted that you would post it. Not sure if we could read Indonesia so you would translate it... what you posted next was simlar in format to a written standard, but its wording made no sence . Had nothing to do with birds???? So ... not sure how anyone has put words in your mouth.
You're the one who made the comment and said you would post the standard.... so don't think I or anyone else has done that....
All he (?) did was copy/paste the online dictionary definition of the word "standard".
roll.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom