Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three weeks of *DipsyGoth* hatchlings :

Last edited:
1. Why are you calling her Cemoni? 2. Did you buy her as a Cemoni?.3.Who did she come from?.4. There are only 4 or 5 people that have true Cemoni out there.She can be a Cemoni and have light skin but is a cull. Using those will make it harder to get the jet black like we need.Some times people dont tell all the details on whats what about birds;what was said between breeders;misunderstandings ect...Why were you calling her Cemoni in the first place if you dont mind?

She was 1 of a bunch of "extra" chicks in an order that I picked up from Old Orchard Farm. When I asked him several weeks later what other breeds the extra chicks could be, he asked me to check to see if any were all black as he could have mistakenly added some Cemani. I didn't order the Cemani, this was a free chick. I was hoping for more orpingtons. He has a lot of different breeds and project birds. Most of the ones I got were black leghorns. They have black legs also because they are split with lavender. I really don't know what a leghorn should look like but the others have much larger combs then this one. I also have one that looks just like this one that has a tuft of feathers on the top of her head. Not much like a polish just enough to look different, but her body shape is similar to this bird.

She was 1 of a bunch of "extra" chicks in an order that I picked up from Old Orchard Farm. When I asked him several weeks later what other breeds the extra chicks could be, he asked me to check to see if any were all black as he could have mistakenly added some Cemani.  I didn't order the Cemani, this was a free chick. I was hoping for more orpingtons. He has a lot of different breeds and project birds. Most of the ones I got were black leghorns. They have black legs also because they are split with lavender. I really don't know what a leghorn should look like but the others have much larger combs then this one. I also have one that looks just like this one that has a tuft of feathers on the top of her head. Not much like a polish just enough to look different, but her body shape is similar to this bird.
I believe he only has a hen cemini. No rooster.

She was 1 of a bunch of "extra" chicks in an order that I picked up from Old Orchard Farm. When I asked him several weeks later what other breeds the extra chicks could be, he asked me to check to see if any were all black as he could have mistakenly added some Cemani. I didn't order the Cemani, this was a free chick. I was hoping for more orpingtons. He has a lot of different breeds and project birds. Most of the ones I got were black leghorns. They have black legs also because they are split with lavender. I really don't know what a leghorn should look like but the others have much larger combs then this one. I also have one that looks just like this one that has a tuft of feathers on the top of her head. Not much like a polish just enough to look different, but her body shape is similar to this bird.

If this is the guy in CT he also has Dragon Asil. And when you look at the pictures he has some black ones that look a lot like your pullet. Who knows maybe for an experiment since he didn't have an Cemani roo he put an Asil over her just to see what would happen. Or is may be all Dragon Asil. That is the only other chicken he has that has that look.

If this is the guy in CT he also has Dragon Asil. And when you look at the pictures he has some black ones that look a lot like your pullet. Who knows maybe for an experiment since he didn't have an Cemani roo he put an Asil over her just to see what would happen. Or is may be all Dragon Asil. That is the only other chicken he has that has that look.

Not the guy from CT he's from Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom