Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture is not in black and white its just against a grey background. you can see a slight red in the comb and waddles plus the pics with the hand in them is the same and in color. I do agree these are bad pics tho. these big white earlobes make them seem like they have silkie ears. I would like to see pics of more birds as he says he has many. It seems like the real nice cemani are not common and most people only show you a few. I would like to see a whole group of babys grown up and see how many roos are actualy the cemani black we all want and how many start out with black combs but turn mulbery as they get older. Some of the FM roos (non cemani) I have worked with so far have always started out very black but always get some mulbery in them when older. Many hens and young roos are pretty black but it is sometimes real variable sometimes starting out black as chicks and looking almost normal as adults, It makes me wonder if it is the same in cemani and that is why they are often sold as older birds. Also some batches of cemani eggs people have bought have not produced all FM chicks. I have seen in other animals of value people tend to not alway be fourth cumming or down play issues the animals have. Does anyone think the FM will be stable someday in cemani? I think they even have issues in Indo. If there is an FM issue how will they ever be a breed if only 1 in 100 has the black that is expected?

These guys are not housed in a large group. You would have no way of keeping or knowing what egg came from what hen. Or what male fathered what chicks. You have to keep stud books to do this. This means you have to keep twice as many roosters. You are right out of the 6 blackest males 2 of them developed the red tint in the combs from the blood running. But you don't use them in the breeding programs. They are not the color we all what them to be but there close to it. It will take years of breeding by many people to do this not just one or two breeders that keep records of stud books. You have to keep stud books and keep all hens separate to know the genetics not in a group.

Wow!! you guys are really negative. I thought we all were working together to create a better bloodlines. I know the bloodline and for a USA line they are very black. They are sold black with black mouths. The ear lobes are turquoise. You can see in the pictures the GREEN back round its not black and white pictures. I paid my self $1,400 plus on ebay for what ended up being 4 fertile eggs last year. I think you guys are really negative and we should be working together not against one another.
Actually there is a group of Cemani breeders that are working together to create birds that match the Indonesian Standard for Ayam Cemani and the proposed standard in the British Rare Breeds of Poultry book. We will swap birds and chicks with each other to improve the breed. If this guy wishes to join the group and work to improve the quality, I extend an open invention to him to do so. Just have him contact me through a PM. There is no negativity for people that want to improve the breed.

Does the pigment saturation of the comb and wattles increase with exposure to the sun? Most people's skin gets darker with more sun during the summer and lighter during the winter when we're all covered up or indoors. Is this the same with Cemani that don't get much sunlight, or should the comb be black regardless?
My Cemani were out in the snow and single digit weather. No frostbite and no change in color of the comb or skin.

Say has anyone seen the second Ayam Cemani rooster that Greenfire Farms has. I was looking at there main add in the picture where he is crowing in the back round the second rooster looks like he as Red combs that can't be right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom