Aztec Ducks!

Pics
One of the ducklings has a weird gimpy leg. The foot is very twisted and crooked, and after messing with it I don't think even putting it in shoes would make the foot normal. It's just deformed. The baby is getting around with it though so I'm just letting it go. I won't breed it though, just in case it's genetic.

I just happened across these ducks on EBay as hatching eggs. Seriously considering getting them inside of Australian Spotteds. I like both breeds a lot. I never thought I would like the bantam breeds like I do.

@Pyxis how are are these guess to hatch once they are shipped as eggs.

Well, mine did okay until lockdown, at which point over half of them were malpositioned in REALLY nasty ways, and I lost them.

I'm gonna send you a PM :)

I am happy to report that I got 18 of these little guys to start helping this breed out. The eggs were shipped from VT to Central NY took 5 days to get here! Post office is killing me right now. But the good news is all 18 eggs look wonderful the air cells have a few saddles in them but nothing major like my last order of BEI eggs that came though.
IMG_0945.JPG I was really surprise by the range of colors in the eggs. Some were green tinted others had a pinkish hue. But beautiful eggs.

I rested them 9 hours and got them in the incubator. Now all there is is the waiting game.
IMG_0946.JPG IMG_0947.JPG

I have two extra thermometers inside one is a Govee that sends information Bluetooth to my phone. It had been running between 99.8 - 100.4 and humidity is between the 33-40 range.

Knightstar - do you ever sell ducklings? I've been looking for bantams of any type in the Rochester area for YEARS and no luck.
I had a few aztec eggs that were looking really promising until a couple of days ago. Now I'm down to 3 eggs in the incubator, and not feeling terribly hopeful. Three ducklings would be okay, but really seems like the bare minimum. If only one hatches, we'll be looking at whatever random ducks Tractor Supply has on hand just to give it a friend!

Last edited:
Knightstar - do you ever sell ducklings? I've been looking for bantams of any type in the Rochester area for YEARS and no luck.
I had a few aztec eggs that were looking really promising until a couple of days ago. Now I'm down to 3 eggs in the incubator, and not feeling terribly hopeful. Three ducklings would be okay, but really seems like the bare minimum. If only one hatches, we'll be looking at whatever random ducks Tractor Supply has on hand just to give it a friend!

Did you buy them (the Aztec eggs) on eBay?

An update on my ducklings! All are doing well. Even little gimpy duck with the bum foot is growing and getting around fine. They have been joined by two rescue pekin ducklings from my part time feed store job. Next time I have a day off, I'll have to try to get pictures.

Back
Top Bottom