<b>Black spots on Waddles and Combs HELP!!!! (Photos Added Now)</b>

mstrrlm

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 23, 2011
Picayune, MS
I first noticed 2 weeks ago a BR Rooster with these black spots on comb, was out of town for a week and today noticed all 5 of my BR roosters have splotches and spots of deep black on there combs and waddles and on some it is worse then others. Now my RIR and LH Roosters that live with them don't seem to have any of this on them. The BR's were born end of May this year and the LH and RIR were born month later. Can anyone help with this issue please?

97404_bigboy.jpg

97404_lh.jpg

97404_bolt.jpg

Last edited:
Can you post pictures? Perhaps it is only scabs from being pecked.

If you are unable to post pics, you may be able to find some pictures on here that show the difference between what scabbing looks like compared to, say, fowl pox.

OK I will get pics sometime tomorrow morning and post them just thought I would throw out as something simple but will get pics for confirmation. And just for ref I looked at images of Foul Pox and doesn't look like that, and live in the mountains of Colorado so not many mosquitoes here, and I have never seen any since we moved to this house in May. But I will post pics and thanks to you guys that responded quickly

What about mites?!? Just a wild guess but i throw it out there as mites are a pretty serious thing...
And that might also explain some pecking...

Last edited:
Well the foul pox pics I saw didn't look like what my birds have can anyone else offer there knowledge? I appreciate all suggestions comments and help

Back
Top Bottom