BA? Ideal says sex link....I think NOT! Update & better pics Post #29

Quote:
Good Luck waiting on Ideal it took them over two weeks to respond to me and then they couldn't ID the pictures of chickens I needed them to ID. I have BA'a and they have yellow on the bottoms of their feet and their faces are not pale as your chickens. Mine have black combs the have reddened as they have gotten older.

If you have a "Australorp" with Yellow on the bottom of the feet then it is a cross or a Black Jersey Giants.

• Black Jersey Giants - should have Willow/Black legs and Yellow on the bottom of there feet.
• Black Australorp - should have Black/Slate legs and Pink-ish color on the bottom of there feet.
• Black Orpingtons - should have Black/Slate legs and White color on the bottom of there feet.

• Note if it has Brassing or Silvering in the breast and or hackles then it could then be a Black Sex-Link •

Chris

Last edited:
Doesn't bother me that she's HQ at all. I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with Ideal. I forgot it was the weekend, so probably won't hear back from them until Monday.

At any rate, she's a beautiful and calm little pullet. I look forward to seeing her grown.

Last edited:
I have raised a bunch of BA, this is not one...note my pic, no white on face...

68634_dsc_0016.jpg

Quote:
Thanks. That's what she looks like, except for the white face of course. She stands out like a sore thumb when she's roosting with her sex link sisters.

Here is one of my girls at 18 weeks...
Yours appears to have yellow/black legs?
Mine are solid black...still not sure on yours...can you post a few more pics?

68634_dsc_0104-7.jpg

I'll try to get more pics. I'm avoiding going outside right now because I don't do well in 104* heat.

I can tell that she doesn't have the same body shape as your girl. My little pullet "Rose" is more streamlined.

I heard back from Ideal today. Their simple reply was that she is a black sex link. Sex link?!?!? This pullet is no more a sex link than I am (and I don't intend to start laying eggs anytime soon!)
roll.png

Here's some (hopefully) better pics of her and since Ideal was of no help (my first negative experience with them) I still don't know what she is!

4810_p8290038_640x480.jpg

4810_p8290039_640x480.jpg

4810_p8290040_640x480.jpg

4810_p8290041_640x480.jpg

And btw, I took another look @ the bottom of her feet. They are very similiar in color to her face.

For comparison, here's a pic of one of the black sex links she was purchased with. The four sex links look very much alike; the only difference being the amount of red on their heads and breast.

4810_p8290042_640x480.jpg

I forgot to mention - I took a good look at her legs tonight and she has webbed feet????
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom