BA? Ideal says sex link....I think NOT! Update & better pics Post #29

Quote:
Good Luck waiting on Ideal it took them over two weeks to respond to me and then they couldn't ID the pictures of chickens I needed them to ID. I have BA'a and they have yellow on the bottoms of their feet and their faces are not pale as your chickens. Mine have black combs the have reddened as they have gotten older.

If you have a "Australorp" with Yellow on the bottom of the feet then it is a cross or a Black Jersey Giants.

• Black Jersey Giants - should have Willow/Black legs and Yellow on the bottom of there feet.
• Black Australorp - should have Black/Slate legs and Pink-ish color on the bottom of there feet.
• Black Orpingtons - should have Black/Slate legs and White color on the bottom of there feet.

• Note if it has Brassing or Silvering in the breast and or hackles then it could then be a Black Sex-Link •

Chris

Thanks Chris! I just looked closer at my girls feet and 2 have slate coloring and the more friendly/bigger one has yellow. After reading about Jersy Giants not be great egg layers I will officially never buy chickens again from a feed store that gets their stock from Ideal. My first batch of 3 chicks were from Ideal and supposed to be white leghorn pullets well they were really a 1 delaware pullet and 2 unidentifiable roosters. Ideal said they are either red sex link males or Delaware males (really poor quality as they have blackish/green tail feathers.) When I buy chickens I expect to get at least close to what I ask for and it is not the feeds stores fault as they keep their stock seperated in different locked cages so they don't get mixed up. I guess I will have to find a local breeded to get my next chicks from.

I have 2 minorcas that I was told were australorps when I first bought them. I found out on byc that they are actually minorcas. They were flighty but calm now. They haven't laid in a bit, (2 months) I think because it has been so hot this summer. When they were laying though, it was every day. They can be little eggy machines.
Enjoy!

Quote:
Don't ya love it?! BSL...yeah,right. Maybe you should e-mail them this thread
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom