babe, babe I'm sick and tired of the word babe!!!! (rant)

Quote:
OMG...me too, considering I am only 31, makes me feel like I am 95. Just a piece of advice to cashiers etc, try callin us center of the road ladies Miss instead of Ma'am.
big_smile.png

I don't mind be called Ma'am (I'm 27). I'll admit that unless the person looks like a teenager or college student, I use Ma'am over Miss. DH calls me Babe, but I'll be darned if someone off the streets called me that. How degrading...
hmm.png
I don't mind being called Sugar, Darling, Sweety, etc by strangers as they are polite, but babe, to me, implies something else (like a guy calling a female a "hot babe", etc). No thanks, I am no one's babe except for my husband!

My mom calls be Baby and Sweety, my dad calls be Sweety, Sweetheart and Honey and my hubby calls me Hon and Babe. I call him hon, babe and Punkin (occasionally), but if he called me Shnookums or something like that, he'd get a weird look from me! (Yes, I know that be calling him punkin makes that a double standard).

As for in public...
sickbyc.gif
A quick, "Hey, Hon, did you see this?" or "Babe, did you remember to grab such and such?" is one thing, but "Babe this, Babe that"...
sickbyc.gif

And "like"...
barnie.gif
If you aren't sure what you mean and have to make it sound like an analogy, then think before you talk. "It's, like, the cutest cat ever".... like? Like what? It isn't quite the cutest, but it is like the cutest cat...it's similar? Or what about, "like, whatever".
smack.gif
"Like" just replaces "um"...slow down and think first...problem solved.
old.gif

My DH works for Cornell University here in NY and he's told me the college students use the word like 10 times in a sentence, The word is not allowed in our home by either of my teenagers! My biggest concern is who is going to employ these college grads. if the can't or won't talk decent English?11111:/

DH and I have some really disgusting pet names, but I love them!
It's our Cajun-ness, it manifests in the form of revolting pig-french pet names for each other and for the animals.
I'm not going to try to type them, they don't translate.
gig.gif

However, I stand by my rule about who can use them/hear them.:p

Quote:
I quit using pet names, with my exwife, when I found out she was cheating...From then on, it was strictly her official birth name...Not even a nickname, which she had given herself....She was no longer my Baby, Darling, Love....She was just Sharon.

pff..my husband calls me baby doll, sweetie butt, sweetums, babelets...we are horribly sickening here!

now, i wont post what we call each other when we are mad..those pet names arent appropriate here!
lol.png

The term that raises the hackles of my DH and me is "you guys..." It seems every waitress, cashier, whatever, uses this term. We are to the point of rolling our eyes and laughing out loud when we hear the term used anymore.

Back
Top Bottom