Baby Bantam Polish Doesn’t Know How To Eat. Need Advise.

Thanks for those of you that offered help. She passed away about an hour ago. before passing we noticed a second ’bulge’ similar to the one in the pictures. it looked like the first was where left breast would be, and the other we discovered shortly before passing was larger on the right breast side. Since chicks only have one crop, one of them had to be something else. it’s beyond my knowledge of chicken anatomy but I’m posting in case someone else runs into this issue and they can read ,y experience. I did a lot of searching and never found an article or post that mirrors this chicks issues. Hopefully it helps someone else.
im guessing it was a genetic deformity of some kind. its very sad but at least she’s not suffering.

Thanks for those of you that offered help. She passed away about an hour ago. before passing we noticed a second ’bulge’ similar to the one in the pictures. it looked like the first was where left breast would be, and the other we discovered shortly before passing was larger on the right breast side. Since chicks only have one crop, one of them had to be something else. it’s beyond my knowledge of chicken anatomy but I’m posting in case someone else runs into this issue and they can read ,y experience. I did a lot of searching and never found an article or post that mirrors this chicks issues. Hopefully it helps someone else.
im guessing it was a genetic deformity of some kind. its very sad but at least she’s not suffering.
Poor little chick. I have been viewing this thread as it progressed trying to do research and thinking of causes. It is sad that this little one passed but I am relieved she is no longer suffering. I am very sorry for you’re loss, and wishing you good luck with you’re other/future chicks. Rip little one.

Back
Top Bottom