Baby Blue's gigantic crop

Awww that is so sad. He is adorable DD and Bless you for being a good kind soul to help them and to educate the people. That younger pic looks just like runner or KC body shape to me.

Awww that is so sad. He is adorable DD and Bless you for being a good kind soul to help them and to educate the people. That younger pic looks just like runner or KC body shape to me.
Isn't he adorable, I just can't imagine any one being so cruel as to dump lil ones out and have no idea if they make it or not.

I can't imagine that, either. There was one pair of ducklings dumped early in the year at about 2 weeks old. One died before I knew they were there and I found a home of the surviving one. They were actually there a few days and were mistaken for goslings. The weather was warm, but then it suddenly turned cold and that's when the one died.

I can't imagine that, either. There was one pair of ducklings dumped early in the year at about 2 weeks old. One died before I knew they were there and I found a home of the surviving one. They were actually there a few days and were mistaken for goslings. The weather was warm, but then it suddenly turned cold and that's when the one died.
That is so heartbreaking, but thank the Lord they have you dd to watch out for them and find homes for the lil ones.
hugs.gif

I think you might be right about Swedish ducks being "busty" because here is a photo of Oreo who is large in the chest:

Here is Baby Blue today (with his favorite male duck friend) and I'm thinking that being a mixed breed, he might have inherited a large chest like a Swedish, but a smaller body from whatever his other breed is.

He looks normal when he swims and acts normal. He sure has calmed down a lot and acts less afraid of everything.

I think you might be right about Swedish ducks being "busty" because here is a photo of Oreo who is large in the chest:

Here is Baby Blue today (with his favorite male duck friend) and I'm thinking that being a mixed breed, he might have inherited a large chest like a Swedish, but a smaller body from whatever his other breed is.

He looks normal when he swims and acts normal. He sure has calmed down a lot and acts less afraid of everything.
Having a buddy helps I'm sure to fell more at ease. he sure does look big in his chest. and so does Oreo. but it must be normal or by now you would be seeing problems I would think. Maybe their diet has a lot to do with it.

I didn't take a picture, but Blue looked totally normal today. He was seen earlier than usual, so I don't think he went off and got fed anywhere, today. So, I think he might have been pigging out before. He's also got a bulkier body now, much bigger now than before.

Back
Top Bottom