Baby button quail stressed?

Sophia_luvbug

Chirping
May 14, 2022
My Buttonquail finally hatched but only one did we took him out of the incubator when he was fluffy and put him in the Bruder but my mom wanted me to put them in the giant 75 gallon right away. And he seemed worried and he couldn’t find a place to rest he finally got comfortable but I’m worried he might go to the Kool-Aid and stay there and freeze to death this is my first time with Buttonquail am I over reacting

Newly hatched buttons should have restricted space so they can not get too far from the heat source. Once they know where to find warmth, the area can be larger.

Leave it in the brooder for at least two days. After that they can usually find the warm end. I've had newly hatched chicks (both button and coturnix) get lost when the brooder was too big and I'd have to get up in the middle of the night to rescue them from freezing to death.

Leave it in the brooder for at least two days. After that they can usually find the warm end. I've had newly hatched chicks (both button and coturnix) get lost when the brooder was too big and I'd have to get up in the middle of the night to rescue them from freezing to death.
Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom