Baby Button Quail will not eat

KLBoyer

In the Brooder
Dec 19, 2018
So I recently hatched 6 button quail. They started hatching Tuesday, and I had a late chick hatch Sunday. He is a lot smaller than all the others, and he refuses to eat. I've tried crushing up the food, mixing it with water, etc. He is fine besides this. Poops normal, drinks, but he just won't eat. I have cockatiel formula, and I am curious as to if this would work for him, at least as a temporary until I can get him to start eating. And if not, does anyone have any recommendations as to how I can get him to eat?

Crush the feed into a powder and sprinkle it all over the bottom of the brooder or on paper towels. Take a finger and make like your pecking at it....usually they get the hang of it pretty soon.

ETA I posted this at the same time you posted what you did....never mind, I don't have anything else to try.

I put powdery food on a spoon and he ate a small amount, which is a step up from before. Still fairly worried his growth is stunted. He's a lot smaller than the other 5, but they did hatch a week ago, and he only hatched Sunday. I'll start him on electrolytes tomorrow.

I put powdery food on a spoon and he ate a small amount, which is a step up from before. Still fairly worried his growth is stunted. He's a lot smaller than the other 5, but they did hatch a week ago, and he only hatched Sunday. I'll start him on electrolytes tomorrow.
Try Nutri - Drench

Back
Top Bottom