Baby chick bald spot please help!!

ArickaRoss

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2018
My family and I have recently saved an abandoned baby chick around where we live. We been feeding it oatmeal and hard boiled eggs while waiting for chicken feed to arrive. Just recently noticed a bald spot near his chest. Also his crop or belly is hard! Please help I don’t know if these things are normal!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 102
It needs Grit if fed anything other than Chick starter. Possibly just it's down is falling out before the feathers grow in.

Thank you so much! His chest swelling has gone done but now it’s mostly on the left side facing him. Do you know what this means?

It means he's full of food. :)

I heard about that but his chest was doing that last night but in the center of his chest. I haven’t fed him a lot today so it would go down. But it’s still there on the left side does that mean he’s still full? Thank you btw!!

I'm pretty sure that's just its crop. It needs Grit to digest anything other than feed. Chicks need feed 24/7 so don't withhold feed and water...

I haven’t! I’ve been feeding him oatmeal and occasionally hard boiled eggs... and water but it seems his crop swells up after the eggs! I’m going to get grit today. Will that make his crop go down? Im just worried because the crop is still really hard

I haven’t! I’ve been feeding him oatmeal and occasionally hard boiled eggs... and water but it seems his crop swells up after the eggs! I’m going to get grit today. Will that make his crop go down? Im just worried because the crop is still really hard

Thank you all so much for answering btw!!

Back
Top Bottom