Baby Chick - Breath Like Rotten Fruit - Please Help

to me chicken feed smells. Once it gets wet it is bound to smell a bit. Maybe this one burps every time you take a whiff and the other morning she was out of burps.
I don't think it is something many people will pay attention to. I check on mine once a day, certainly no daily mouth inspections so not sure it is something to be concerned about or not
Thank you, I appreciate that. It smells alarmingly bad, though. Like rotten fruit. Maybe she got small amounts of cecal poop in her head feathers. I'm really not sure what else it could be other than an infection of some sort :/

maybe it's the ingredients in the feed? There are lemon balm leaves, oregano, garlic, and apple cider vinegar in this pampered chicken mama feed... 🤷‍♀️ I'm not familiar with this brand dunno if all their chicken starter feed has this but makes me wonder if this is the stinky breath problem, maybe this chick is not able to handle these ingredients well..

1617406568748.png

maybe it's the ingredients in the feed? There are lemon balm leaves, oregano, garlic, and apple cider vinegar in this pampered chicken mama feed... 🤷‍♀️ I'm not familiar with this brand dunno if all their chicken starter feed has this but makes me wonder if this is the stinky breath problem, maybe this chick is not able to handle these ingredients well..

View attachment 2596904
I think so. You’re the third person to point that out. I might just put her on mostly manna pro. I also read some reviews on Amazon of people saying the nutrients weren’t balanced and their chicks died. Necropsies said nutrient deficiency. So I’m just gonna do mostly manna. I was trying to give them an extra boost and it maybe backfired

Even if blended in the blender, I would provide grit.

In the video, the chick looks fine to me. I would keep all the chicks together unless you notice one is lethargic.

As I previously suggested, if the odor does not go away. Give her the manna pro and plain water, see if the odor stops.

Back
Top Bottom