Would pedialyte be better? It has vitamin D3 but not B12

Attachments

• 8FB00F5A-33B6-4B63-BABF-CE282C52F29D.jpeg
    8FB00F5A-33B6-4B63-BABF-CE282C52F29D.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1834A0F7-32D5-407A-8406-3DA7DB3D0885.png
    1834A0F7-32D5-407A-8406-3DA7DB3D0885.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
As far as I know, normal Pedialyte doesn’t have any vitamins in it....

They do have a newer formulation called Pedialyte with Immune Support. That has (among others) Vit D3 and Vit B12 (?). I don’t know how easy it is to find or how much it costs compared to the standard type.

Personally, I’d get just the regular type (well actually, the store brand equivalent), and use Poultry Nutri-Drench to provide any needed vitamins.

I have a 4 day old dwarf chick. He had trouble getting out of the egg so we had to help get him out but now he can’t stand on his own. I put him in a sock to keep him mostly upright but I’m not sure how to get him to stand/sit on his own. He is smaller than his brothers/sisters who are the same age. I gave him water with a tiny bit of honey yesterday and then switched to regular water and a raw egg yolk mixed with warm water. He can’t eat and drink without help so I’ve been trying to feed him every 2 hours. His legs work because I see him kicking to drag his body forward and they don’t look spraddled. I also have rooster booster vitamins and electrolytes getting delivered today for his water.

last night I had him in my room and he did not make any noises. I checked on him every 2-3 hrs to make sure he was breathing. He makes loud chirping noises when I try to pick him up because I have to hand feed him droplets on his beak. Also since he can’t walk on his own I wiped his butt down with warm water to clean off his poo.

How do I get him to stand up and move around like his brothers/sisters? This is my first time with a chick (my dad took the healthy ones and I made it my goal to save this little guy) Please help me I’m already very attached
I had the same situation I was feeding watering.I even taped his little legs plus 2 warmer lights . Sadly he passed away this afternoon no more suffering fought for 2 days.At the last minute I found a vet. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom