I would just hold liquids up to her beak to drink. The undiluted Corid dosage is 0.1 ml per pound twice a day. That dose should not make her drool or choke.

Last Update:

2 mins right after I got home to my family. My precious Nugget passed away...My mom said that around 11AM was the time that Nugget started shaking and she could barely even drink her water anymore. Then my nephew was with him this whole time said that for the 4 hours that after he got home from school, he was with her. Holding her. He said that she kept flapping her wings and trying to breathe. I think she was struggling to breathe. And then right after I parked my car and got in the house. I heard my nephew and my older sister crying. She had already died and I was too late to see her. My mom is taking it the hardest because she was the one who spent more time with her the most. I wish I knew what was wrong with her and I wish I could have done something better or know more things better to take care of her.

I'm so heartbroken. I tried so hard to save her (spending my entire weekend with her) and I was hoping she'd be with us for Christmas. I loved her so much as much as the rest of my family did. We rescued her when she was the last egg left to be hatched when my mom found her in her still in her mother's nest. She was adorable and would always follow us around and fly up on our laps whenever we eat our food. She'd take naps on our lap or shoulder and we were all always fighting on who gets to hold her. I'm going to miss her so much and I'm so glad that we were able to take a lot of pictures and videos to remember her by.

I want to thank everyone here for all of their help. Especially Eggcessive who has been a lot of help throughout this. I feel so grateful to know that such an amazing community like this exists. You are all amazing. Thank you all <3

Last edited:
Ooh. How sad. Sorry for you're loss.

We rescued her when she was the last egg left to be hatched when my mom found her in her still in her mother's nest.
This is a signal. Probably this chick was weaker then the other chicks from the start. Maybe something was wrong all the time. But of course this info doesn't make it easyer to deal with you're loss.

Ooh. How sad. Sorry for you're loss.

This is a signal. Probably this chick was weaker then the other chicks from the start. Maybe something was wrong all the time. But of course this info doesn't make it easyer to deal with you're loss.

Thank you..my entire family and I are devastated. This was our very first chick and no matter what the circumstances that we didn't expect her to be in our lives. The fact that she was, we are forever grateful and happy to have her.

I had a feeling that maybe it had to do something with her heart and her breathing. Because nearing the end, her feet was getting cold and I knew she wasn't getting any circulation going down to her legs. I don't know if she had a weak heart or her heart got weaker because of her being startled by the light before she got like this. But regardless, I'm happy that she got to live a little bit of her life and I hope she knew she was loved so much by all of us. I miss her so much.

Last edited:
I am just reading your last 2 posts. So sorry that you lost your little chick. You all tried very hard to save her, and did your best. Sometimes, we just cannot save a sick chick, due to unknown problems. She certainly was given a lot of love from you and your family.

I am just reading your last 2 posts. So sorry that you lost your little chick. You all tried very hard to save her, and did your best. Sometimes, we just cannot save a sick chick, due to unknown problems. She certainly was given a lot of love from you and your family.

Thank you...It has been very difficult and the tears have not stopped flowing. I just feel so empty without her and the house is so quiet. We just buried her today in our backyard near a flower tree we have there and put flowers. Again thank you so much for your help.

:hitSO sorry! You gave her a lovely life and she gave you a bunch of wonderful memories. :hugs

Thank you..I hope she knew how much we all loved her so much and I can't stop looking and watching all the videos and pictures I have of her. I'm thinking in the future of getting new chicks. But right now it's just so hard, it hurts, and no other can replace my Nugget. I'm going to try and research and learn more about raising chicks. And hopefully in the future it will be better. Thank you again <3

At least she's no longer in pain, try to think good thoughts.. like she's in a better place. She's running around in chicken heaven right now. Probably scratching a mountain of corn.

Thank you, my mom also said the same thing. And I'll be honest, when I read what you said I started crying so hard again. I just want to believe that she belongs here with me and with us and just being happy. I always wanted to protect her and keep her safe. I miss her terribly...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom