Do you still try to give her some food? Like wet cat food or pieces of boiled egg with bread crumbles. ??

Yes I have. Added water to her chick starter crumbles and even boiled eggs and tried giving her the egg yolks but she doesn't take any of it. I don't want to force her mouth open cause I don't want to stress her out. She only likes her water and drinks a lot of it when given via spoon fed.

Yes, I would continue giving her the undiluted Corid twice a day. The open beak breathing might be gasping. Keep up the offering fluids, and trying foods. Chick feed with Corid water or plain water are good for her. Pedialyte or Gatorade room temperature would give her electrolytes without giving vitamins while on the Corid.

Yes, I would continue giving her the undiluted Corid twice a day. The open beak breathing might be gasping. Keep up the offering fluids, and trying foods. Chick feed with Corid water or plain water are good for her. Pedialyte or Gatorade room temperature would give her electrolytes without giving vitamins while on the Corid.

Okay will do. She still seemed very tired and weak still this morning before going to work. I tried giving her some of the chick feed with the Corid water but she still isn't drinking it, only barely.

I also noticed she has some crackling noise now in her nose? Is it from giving her the VetRx? I did put some on her nose and her comb and under her mouth via cotton swab yesterday morning and the other day but not today. I'm worried I have made it worse for her :(

If I'm going to give her the Gatorade, is the ones with the coloring (red or blue) safe for her to drink? I was thinking of the dyes in it. I'm going to buy the Pedialyte before coming home today. I can't thank you so much for your help so far. Will keep things posted later.

You do have normal chicken food available in her pen, right? (So if/when she feels hungry, she can just walk over and eat it.)

I assume you would have left it available, but thought I'd check just in case--it's so easy to forget a normal thing when dealing with a problem!

You do have normal chicken food available in her pen, right? (So if/when she feels hungry, she can just walk over and eat it.)

I assume you would have left it available, but thought I'd check just in case--it's so easy to forget a normal thing when dealing with a problem!
Actually, just stick to the Corid water. Since she is not drinking great, she needs the Corid water the most.

EMERGENCY!

My older sister just called me at work. And she said she's foaming in her mouth now and she has her eyes closed and she rolled on her back?! Is she dying?? They said she's just sitting down now but she's breathing really hard from her mouth, just barely breathing. Should they keep giving water with the Corid or regular plain water or not water at all? Should we give the VetRx? Should we let her lay on her side to help her sit up? I don't know what to do now....!! Is it because of the undiluted Corid? Is it an overdose? PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I don't want to lose her...! :(

Last edited:
I would hold off giving her anything to drink. That would not be caused by the undiluted Corid if you are giving a couple of drops twice a day. Were they dripping it into her beak before? She may be having mucus come up, or she could be regurgitating liquid that she has drunk. She does sound weaker and sicker. Just wipe the mucus or foam from her beak with a tissue, and clear out her beak with a finger, so she can breathe. Sorry that she isn’t doing better.

I would hold off giving her anything to drink. That would not be caused by the undiluted Corid if you are giving a couple of drops twice a day. Were they dripping it into her beak before? She may be having mucus come up, or she could be regurgitating liquid that she has drunk. She does sound weaker and sicker. Just wipe the mucus or foam from her beak with a tissue, and clear out her beak with a finger, so she can breathe. Sorry that she isn’t doing better.

I think they may have given her too much of the undiluted Corid. We put some in a 1/2 teaspoon and gave her the liquid like that as is and she was drinking it. I also wasn't sure how much to give her. I have a feeling I may also have not measured the undiluted Corid correctly. What is the correct dose for the undiluted Corid? I don't think I will be giving her that anymore now. I feel this is all my fault...I did buy the Pedialyte and my mom was giving her that throughout the day along with that water with Corid.

Will she be okay or is she dying...? :hit How long should do we wait until we can give her liquids again? And if so, do we give her the Corid with the water again or just plain water? Also this is again the 5th day she has not eaten. I feel like I'm failing her...

Back
Top Bottom