Baby chick dying?

Hello all thank you all so much for the help and support. I did try all those things, I separated him made sure he had lots of warmth and food and water but he unfortunately passed away just a few hours ago. I was able to get him to drink and eat a little, but this morning I was holding him and he was chirping and doing fine, then I went back to my online school and he passed away. Thank you all for the help though, It was really helpful, I’m just afraid that I was a day too late to recognize and he was probably trampled on and maybe just too weak to recover in time.

Awwww. I am sorry. That is hard.

You did the best you could and you did it well. Now you have more experience the you had before. I am proud of your for you giving it your best shot..
Awwww. I am sorry. That is hard.

You did the best you could and you did it well. Now you have more experience the you had before. I am proud of your for you giving it your best shot..
Yea I am a little sad but I know better now. I am for sure going to have a separate brooder for my older chicks and my newly hatched ones and just make sure nobody gets stepped on again

Suggestion your birds should be old enough maybe four months before they are reintroduced into the existing flock. That way their flight feathers and body weight can protect them from the older birds. As whenever we introduce new birds they get well... HEN PECKED. Good luck. I have been where you are you are not alone.. And good plan.

Sorry to hear about the chick. You may really never know what happened. I have always had mine with a broody hen and sometimes one that seems fine will die. it could illness or injury or possibly something internal that wasn't quite right.

Suggestion your birds should be old enough maybe four months before they are reintroduced into the existing flock. That way their flight feathers and body weight can protect them from the older birds. As whenever we introduce new birds they get well... HEN PECKED. Good luck. I have been where you are you are not alone.. And good plan.
Yea I have many older hens as well so I know how new introductions go, it’s not pretty sometimes haha but yea for sure.

Back
Top Bottom