Baby chick emergency!

Hi all
1f600.png
just a little update on my chick, she's healing up nicely eating drinking and her skin is scanning over but in the last 24hrs she's struggling to poo? She's had a few warm salty baths for her skin which have also loosened her bowels but how to I get rid of it for good? Do I need to feed her something? thanks again
1f60a.png

Offer some probiotics which should help. A little yogurt would help, but too much is bad since it has too much calcium for chicks. Apply a little neosporin or vaseline to the vent to lubricate it. Make sure the temperature isn't to high because that can cause constipation. In my previous post I mentioned that your chick may have had a prolapse--that is common to cause trouble passing stool, and cause the others to peck. Good luck.

Offer some probiotics which should help.  A little yogurt would help, but too much is bad since it has too much calcium for chicks.  Apply a little neosporin or vaseline to the vent to lubricate it. Make sure the temperature isn't to  high because that can cause constipation.  In my previous post I mentioned that your chick may have had a prolapse--that is common to cause trouble passing stool, and cause the others to peck.  Good luck.
Yeah I'm sure you're right on that one! I've just soaked her in warm water again and removed all the scabing that was blocking her vent (in the last 24hrs the healing process has obviously caused it all to restrict and scab over csusibg the back log) so her vent opening is now clear and poo can now come out but its still impacted with poo that doesn't look like its moving! She's trying hard and the waters not breaking it down
1f61e.png
I'm frightened she's not gonna make it if she doesn't manage to poo soon! All stores are closed right now because its evening so she has to go through the night like this
1f61e.png
will that be ok??

Back
Top Bottom