Baby chick in 20 chick brooder with ONE bug!! HELP!!

mandymcg05

Songster
Apr 26, 2020
Kentucky
I know that this is beating a dead horse. But there is very conflicting information from the past on this website about using DE on baby chicks. I have a baby chick that’s about 2 to 3 weeks old I found a tiny white bug crawling under her wing. What can I do if she’s in a breeder with 20 other chicks but she’s the only one I can find a bug on???

DE doesn't do what it's touted. And one bug on one chick is no more of an emergency that if you happened to find a bug on yourself.

Chicken "bugs" aren't white, so it is most likely passing through on its way somewhere. Pick up some permethrin poultry dusting powder to have just in case you discover mites or lice which are usually reddish in color. Check over your adult flock, looking around the vent area, and treat with permethrin which is absolutely safe and actually works.

DE doesn't do what it's touted. And one bug on one chick is no more of an emergency that if you happened to find a bug on yourself.

Chicken "bugs" aren't white, so it is most likely passing through on its way somewhere. Pick up some permethrin poultry dusting powder to have just in case you discover mites or lice which are usually reddish in color. Check over your adult flock, looking around the vent area, and treat with permethrin which is absolutely safe and actually works.
Ok sounds good. I have the liquid permethrin 10 spray. Everywhere is out of powder right now.

Back
Top Bottom