baby chick in trouble

You are taking such good care of that chicky. I am sorry you are going through this. She looks markedly better.
Thank you
hugs.gif
Im doing my best. She looked perky and alert this morning. I have been giving her dribbles of nutridrench every three hours or so. Last night she was up and about eating and drinking on her own. I put a drop of nutridrench in her water. She's peeping more actively now. Not out of the woods by a long shot but at least its improvement. Work today but only until 1:00 so I will race home to check on her.

He/she doesn't appear to have moved since I got home. Still breathing though. I tried to buy more medicated feed tonight just to find out it is no longer available without a prescription. Are you going to take yours to the vet?
Yes, what aart said. Read through thread and start another thread because your situation may be different than mine and other folks may have better ideas how to help you. Good luck and keep us posted. If you want you can link your thread here too so we can try to help you.

This morning when I came to check on all the chicks, this little lady was walking around with very good balance on top of her mamma heating pad. Her neck is still sometimes bent to the left. I haven't seen her fall over in about 48 hours. I put some mesh over her box in case she may decide to try to fly. I'm thinking of intergrating her back into the flock soon. Maybe in a few more days right before I move them all out to the coop. My thoughts are to put her in the dog crate with the others a few hours before I bring all the girls outside to the coop for good so I can watch carefully and then move them all out where the big girls will be distracted exploring their new digs and maybe leave the little one alone. Is this a decent plan or should I give the little one more time inside and alone? I'm just worried after all this effort to save this baby chick that she will be killed when I put her in with the big girls.

Here is a quick video. Everytime I video she doesn't move that much but trust me she can move. She even runs.

0.jpg

Or maybe I could take the smallest chick and put her in with the baby?
This^^^^^ start adding chicks to her brooder.
Start with one, see how it goes, give it a few hours then add another, see how it goes.

OR you could add her to the other brooder, see how it goes, might work fine...if no, go the other route.

Chick(en) Juggling!
Mix and match.....just keep moving them back and forth, keeps 'em distracted.

ETA: so glad to hear(literally-haha) that she's "doin' bettah"!

Last edited:
lau.gif
Yes my "Boston" is showing again. I heard it too but posted anyway. Thank you aart for all your help. I don't think anyone else has seen this thread
idunno.gif

I'm just so happy you are helping me because I have no idea what I'm doing being a first time chicken keeper.

lau.gif
Yes my "Boston" is showing again. I heard it too but posted anyway. Thank you aart for all your help. I don't think anyone else has seen this thread
idunno.gif

I'm just so happy you are helping me because I have no idea what I'm doing being a first time chicken keeper.
Love your accent.....not the same exactly,(remember that debate?) but reminds me of the summers I spent in upstate NY.
Glad to help, just paying forward the support I've gotten on forums in the past.

I have been following this thread and learning along with you thru your experience's. I am also new to this chicken stuff and when it comes to these kind of troubles I am about as dumb as a bag of hammers. I hate to see that you have this sick chick but with your need for help and the responses from some of the folks on here I also have learned a bunch and will file this just in case I might have something similar happen to me. OBTW I agree with Aart, Love the accent. Keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom