baby chick in trouble

Merrymouse

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Hi when I got home from work one of my baby chicks is hurt. Looks like its toe was maybe bitten off. Its walking a little but its bracing itself with its wing. The was a spot of dried blood which I cleaned and put a small spot of antibiotic ointment on. I gave is a dab of nutridrench just off my fingertip because I dont think it ate or drank much today. How can I help this chick? What should I do?

Thank you all.
fl.gif
They are all just so rambunctious compared to her and she is much much smaller. Im wondering if I got a bantam by mistake. She is more than 1/2 the size of the other chicks. And she is the youngest. She's eating and drinking and chirping but she falls when she tries to walk. Im hoping its just sore and she will feel better soon.

Hi when I got home from work one of my baby chicks is hurt. Looks like its toe was maybe bitten off. Its walking a little but its bracing itself with its wing. The was a spot of dried blood which I cleaned and put a small spot of antibiotic ointment on. I gave is a dab of nutridrench just off my fingertip because I dont think it ate or drank much today. How can I help this chick? What should I do?

How do you feel its toe got bit off----is it on a wire floor? Can anything get to its feet under the wire floor?

Hard to see in the pictures because it the outside toe and it's feather covered. The whole toe is not gone. May have just been the nail. Very small chick. Maybe 5 or 6 days old

There was some crusted what I assume was blood which I cleaned off she is definitely wobbling and using her wing when she starts to tip over for support

Back
Top Bottom