baby chick in trouble

So should I keep her separate? She is smaller than the other chicks and they were picking on her a little. She did eat a few crumbles I put on the floor and I have a little water in the cap. She just came out as Im typing and ate a few crumbles. I put a dab of nutridrench in the cap full of water. Should I put antibiotic ointment on it again later before I go to sleep.

My daughter is home and we got a better picture

Those pictures are not very helpful I'm afraid. I took the chick away from the others on a towel in a pet carrier with a heating pad over her.

She crawled under the heating pad and tucked herself in. Maybe when my daughter gets home I can get a better picture. Hard to do one handed. Am I doing the right things so far?
I would not take her away from the others--- As long as its not bleeding and they are leaving it alone---she will fare better with them.

Thank you all.
fl.gif
They are all just so rambunctious compared to her and she is much much smaller. Im wondering if I got a bantam by mistake. She is more than 1/2 the size of the other chicks. And she is the youngest. She's eating and drinking and chirping but she falls when she tries to walk. Im hoping its just sore and she will feel better soon.

She is obviously weak and they were picking on her. I was thinking of leaving her separate just for maybe tonight and tomorrow so she can get her strength back. I don't think she can get to the food and water in the big brooder. Thoughts?

I dont know why it didnt post but Ill do it again.

When I got home from work the chick is alive but very wobbly. Maybe Im dealing with something other than toenail injury. Her butt is wet because while I was checking her out she pooped on herself so I washed it off because it was stuck in her feathers. Its was not pasty butt. She is peeping, eating, drinking and pooping normally. What is going on? Now Im worried she might be sick. I seperated her from my other chicks just in case.

What should I do?

0.jpg

Looks like her legs are not working right at all, can't get up and walk...more than just a funky toenail.

I'm wondering if she has some skeletal/anatomical deformity?

I'd pick her up and give her a good looking/feeling over, compare her to a chick with normal mobility.

Here is another video. She was walking when I got her on Saturday but she was never vibrant or feisty. Shes eating drinking pooping normally. Is she just weak? When she attempts to stand in this video she is actually pooping. This is horrible.

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom