Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseCrazyy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. brood mother

brood mother Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    I know what you mean! My 4 hens that are outside now that we got a few weeks ago are in a coop made from a refurbished box stand! Lol! My husband is an avid hunter and we had it on hand on our property. He is getting stuff together to build another coop because we have 8 pullet chicks and 2 roo chicks that will need a coop lol!

How old are your chicks?

I'm still not quite sure how we are going to transition them to outside and other hens when the time comes. Not sure if just need to have their coop ready and just put them in there for a week or so, so they will know that's home and then make then a small temp run so they can just see the others for awhile. I'm just not sure what to do??

2. nurschic

nurschic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2014
    Mine are 5 weeks old. THey have been in a brooder in my basement. I turned off the heat lamp 2 days ago (still nice and warm) and since it has been warm outside I have had them outside in their run. Today I put them in their coop and placed their heat lamp in there. They do not have access to their run cause I have not cut a door out from their coop to their run yet. Not going to do that till Sunday.
    I am going through peep withdrawal….my husband says he is surprised I am not going to go camp out with them tonight [​IMG]

3. valleychicks

valleychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not sure if this will help but here is a link on how to Integrate new chicks and chickens into the flock. http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/06/integrating-new-flock-members-playpen.html

4. Anira

Anira Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Fossil, OR
    Whenever mine get old enough, I have a sectioned off area in the coop for babies. I used it for my last batch of babies and it worked great. I just kept them in there for a little over a week, then turned them loose with no problems. When it comes time to clean, I just move the paving stones and lift the chicken wire up a bit. It's nailed on the top and sides, but the floor is cement. Makes for easier cleaning.

[​IMG]

5. clueless chic

clueless chic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2014
    NE Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was in the 70's today so the chicks got their first taste of the outdoors. They were scared at first but once they got used to it they loved it. At the end they v came obsessed with pecking at the tree.

6. JenBoughtHens

JenBoughtHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2014
    Mississippi
    [​IMG]

7. neecy911

neecy911 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2014
    Chico (No.Cal)
    My babies going nuts for yogurt

1 person likes this.
  8. neecy911

Feb 16, 2014
    Chico (No.Cal)
    How old are these guys? Simply adorable!!!

9. neecy911

Feb 16, 2014
    Chico (No.Cal)
    Love this pic!!

10. AStitchofKate

AStitchofKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    SOOO very cute! Do you give it to them for any specific reason, or just a treat? I some chicks with pasty bums and I have read that yogurt is good for it, so curious if that is why you were feeding it to them, and if it helped them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by