Baby chick screaming at the top of its lungs

You've trained her to scream because doing so gets your attention. You could try having a music station on the radio - so she doesn't seem so alone., and maybe a washcloth or two, to cozy up with.

With just two chicks, you would probably be able to solve you problem by getting a heating pad (that won't turn itself off after a few hours) and rig it into a "tent". Set it on medium heat to begin with. Make it low enough the chicks can crawl under neath and have it touching their backs.

Get rid of the heat lamp because it's overkill for just two chicks and the light on them 24/7 is driving them bonkers. Got it?

The heating pad will be a surrogate (substitute) for you holding them. They will snuggle into it and be content. When you allow it to be naturally dark at night, chicks will be more than willing to sleep all night and allow you to do the same.

Go over to the thread "Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder" and read the first few pages. It will tell you how to rig it up and how it works. It's way better than that heat lamp you're using, which is more suited for keeping food hot than warming baby chicks.

O i seen it by a YouTube video I was thinking of making one but the chicks started hatching before I was ready and they weren't supposed to hatch for another day or two but do u know where u can get a cheap one for maybe under 15-20 dollars because I don't really want to be spending a lot of money for two chicks when I just spent over 50 dollars on feed and a tote for the chickens

Yup, she's just a yeller. She will eventually stop, but it'll seem like it's going to go on forever. Sometimes you have to ignore it, when you know nothing is actually wrong, and she'll learn to not do it.
[/quote

Well I like to make sure they are ok and check on them maybe every half and hour

You can get a LO-Med-Hi pad for around $10 - 15. Any pharmacy, walmart, or other box store should have one. Be very sure that you don't get it set up with any way possible for them to get stuck in the supporting frame work. I like to set mine up on the frame, then enclose the whole thing in an old pillow case or scrap of fabric and tape it securely all the way around in 3 - 4 locations with painters or duct tape so it doesn't billow down.

Back
Top Bottom