Baby chick struggling to walk

Agentlx75

Chirping
May 3, 2021
I have a chick that I got 6 days ago, she is little over 1 week old and the day after I got her in she started walking funny then quickly got to where she was really struggling to move around. I have since separated her from the other chicks as she can not stand to eat or drink and was getting pecked and trampled. I put a very shallow storage lid with her food and water so she can at least try to eat and such. I them got to looking for what could be wrong and there is so much out there! I'm wondering if it is a vitamin B deficiency and just switched her to a non medicated food. Her toes curl under when I hold her up and her feet now seem to be bowing/crossing inward. I have also added vitamin B complex to her water but not sure if I'm making the right move..... Anyone have any advice? And if it is vitamin B deficiency did I wait too long to switch her and how long before I start to see a change for the better if I did not wait too long? I have an get pics tomorrow if needed

Last edited:
I would eye dropper her with the vitamin B rich electrolytes every 2 to 3 hours.

She sounds in very poor condition. It could be from Vitamin B deficiency or it could be failure to thrive, which comes from many reasons.

Hopefully after eye dropping her with Vitamin B, she'll begin to rally. Be prepared she may not make it. Sometimes there isn't much you can do.

LofMc

I would eye dropper her with the vitamin B rich electrolytes every 2 to 3 hours.

She sounds in very poor condition. It could be from Vitamin B deficiency or it could be failure to thrive, which comes from many reasons.

Hopefully after eye dropping her with Vitamin B, she'll begin to rally. Be prepared she may not make it. Sometimes there isn't much you can do.

LofMc
I honestly thought she would have passed by now but she's still eats and drinks now that she is separated from the rest. I've been stretching her legs a few times every day and she doesn't mind it. She will chirp at me every time I go out there until I pick her up. But I just want to have the peace of mind knowing I tried to help in every way possible.

Back
Top Bottom