baby chick weak!!!!

But if he's sleeping I would leave him be. Being warm probably feels good to him and he needs the rest.
Alright, I'll let him be for the night. Is the open mouth this a concern? I'll try to feed him and such tomorrow. Thank you so very much.

Use a clean, medium depth jar lid (like on a mayonnaise jar, and put some water in it, and put it in your brooder. You can hold him near the lid, tilting your hand downward, and dip his beak into the water. Don't get it in his nose. That's it. You can leave dry chick feed in a large dish on the bottom of his brooder. That will hold him, until you can get properly set up. With you giving him water the way you did, he may have aspirated it, and gotten some into his lungs, or have gotten chilled too much, and gotten sick. I pray not.

What country are you in? Many countries have infant vitamin drops, without iron. I'd put a few drops into the lid. Enough to just barely tint the water.

Be careful about introductions of chicks, when there is much of an age, or size difference. When you re-introduce him, make sure there are at least 2 places he can eat, and 2 places to drink from. Sometimes they will run the littlest one away from the water, and food, so they starve, or dehydrate.

Use a clean, medium depth jar lid (like on a mayonnaise jar, and put some water in it, and put it in your brooder. You can hold him near the lid, tilting your hand downward, and dip his beak into the water. Don't get it in his nose. That's it. You can leave dry chick feed in a large dish on the bottom of his brooder. That will hold him, until you can get properly set up. With you giving him water the way you did, he may have aspirated it, and gotten some into his lungs, or have gotten chilled too much, and gotten sick. I pray not.

What country are you in? Many countries have infant vitamin drops, without iron. I'd put a few drops into the lid. Enough to just barely tint the water.
Alright thank you so much! I didn't know the way i was feeding him was bad. I usually just put a drop of water at the tip of his closed beak or on my finger for him to drink alone. I'll give him the night to rest, and hopefully tomorrow he will be better. Then I'll give all these tips a try. Thank you! He has a water dish as well as baby chick feed close to him right now. Maybe he'll wake up and decide to get some. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom