Baby chick with weird wing feathers

Rena

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 30, 2011
Colorado
I have some bantam chicks (assorted, so unknown breed) that are like 6 days old. This one has wing feathers that appear to be curled upward. Hard to get a good picture, but it's really pronounced in person, especially compared to the other ones. They came from Ideal and he has clean legs (they don't have any frizzled breeds except cochins) so if he's frizzy, it's accidental :)

Just want to make sure no one thinks it's a disease or something I need to be concerned about?

Thanks everyone :)

If the baby came from ideals, banty special it is most likely a cochin frizz, i have gotten a few from them, even if it doesnt have the leg feathers or has very little, i have found mine from them dont have the best leg feathering at that age

here is a pic of my banty cochin frizz

It looks to me like its wings are just growing in and the feathers haven't grown out enough to lay down flat yet. My frizzles feathers curl upwards towards his head, even at that age you could see the curl. Your babies look alot like the leghorns I got from Ideal last Friday :D CUTE!!!

Thanks everyone! I will maybe get more pictures in a few days to compare, but I'm glad no one thinks he's sick or has a deficiency or anything.

He doesnt look sick, he looks very healthy. Alot of time when the chicks feathers start growing out they tend to go whereever. As it gets a little older they will straighten up. It doesnt look frizzled to me. Just a young chick growing it feathers.
smile.png

He doesnt look sick, he looks very healthy. Alot of time when the chicks feathers start growing out they tend to go whereever. As it gets a little older they will straighten up. It doesnt look frizzled to me. Just a young chick growing it feathers.
smile.png

I've had lots of chickens, but never one that looks like this! I hope you're right, though. Thanks!

I posted the same thing a few days ago,my silkie chick has the same thing,he or she is almost 4 weeks old and its wings still look like this,no frizzles or sizzles in my flock.But I did get an answer from someone and they said this has happened to them to with there silkies and they out grow it.Its kinda cute.

I've had lots of chickens, but never one that looks like this! I hope you're right, though. Thanks!

I posted the same thing a few days ago,my silkie chick has the same thing,he or she is almost 4 weeks old and its wings still look like this,no frizzles or sizzles in my flock.But I did get an answer from someone and they said this has happened to them to with there silkies and they out grow it.Its kinda cute.

Its hard to really see it in the photo like you would in person, but it isnt crouched down or holding itself like a sick one would. I hope I am right to! lol

Back
Top Bottom