Chick with curled wing feathers

Rfschmeck

In the Brooder
Oct 23, 2023
I have a 3 week old chick that has just started growing some wing feathers. I noticed a couple of days ago that the feathers seem to be curling upwards. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Attachments

• IMG_1651.png
    IMG_1651.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 89
I have a 3 week old chick that has just started growing some wing feathers. I noticed a couple of days ago that the feathers seem to be curling upwards. Anyone else have any experience with this?
I haven't had this happen to me before. It might just be the photo, but the toes look a little curly, too. What breed is she?

Welcome to BYC!

What breed and where did you get her/him?
I hatched 8 chicks and this is the only one that had trouble hatching possibly due bad positioning. It’s a mixed breed Ameraucana roo and Easter egger

I haven't had this happen to me before. It might just be the photo, but the toes look a little curly, too. What breed is she?
Ameraucana roo and Easter egger hen.
Yes the toes are still a little curled, possibly from bad positioning in the egg, but they are much better than they were.

Parents do not need to be frizzled because I hatched this one from our chickens, none of whom are frizzled. Their parents were though, so second generation is possible too.

Attachments

• chick funny looking.jpg
    chick funny looking.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom