Baby Chicken Emergancy!!!(update)

dhawley0917

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 15, 2014
Marengo Ohio
sadly none of the eggs survived, we talked to an expert and he told us multiple things could of happened and it wasnt our fault but just to accept it as a learning experiance. He also told us to wait till March to try again, we agreed and we also plan to let then hens raise a clutch of thier own cuz we have seen a few hens that have great mother instincts. One hen though I was her baby..it was quite cute actually..

Last edited:
images

I have never had such a heat jump happen to me, so I can not say for sure. Generally quick jumps or drops in heat do not harm the chicks. But we don't know when this temp got up to 115. If it was a brief jump, (even for an hour or so) the chicks were probably not effected much. But if the temps were up all night like this, it may have done some damage. All you can do is get the temp and humidity back to where it should be and keep your fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Keep us posted on this hatch! And welcome to BYC!

I checked it around 11pm last night and it was 100, I just called my father and he told me when he left for work at 3am it was at 110 so he turned it down...then I just checked them at 8am and it was 115!! so I opened it, add more water now the incubator is at 95 with the humidity at 65%

That wasn't that awful long being high. You may have lost some of them, but I would imagine not all of them parished. I am not 100% sure on this, but you still might have a decent hatch. I will be crossing my fingers for you...
smile.png

Keep us posted!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. Good luck with your hatch! I've had some temperature fluctuations in my incubator before, and have never lost my whole hatch. If the temperature wasn't at 115 for very long, your chicks may still be fine.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

I do believe you just have some hard boiled egg's
hit.gif

I told one of my Grand kids to give the incubator a turn
not thinking he would give a full turn on the temp nob
and when we checked the egg's several hours later it
was 105 and several egg's were cooked and half did
grow but nothing ever hatched ........

I truly wish you the best of luck
fl.gif

gander007
old.gif

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Keeping fingers crossed for you that some of the eggs survived.

Back
Top Bottom