Baby Chicks Arrived!

Pics
I don't do Cream Legbars, so wasn't thinking about pullet colors. I thought about the bigger comb and wattles, and thought I saw pointed hackle feathers.
I'm happy to be wrong, it's supposed to be a pullet.
Mary
Oh I am no expert! I was hoping you would educate me! I think at this age they are coming into lay and it’s normal to start developing the comb and wattles. I’ll look again and see if I see hackle feathers.

What have I done!! We have babies in the PlayPen again! That was not really the plan...

Rudy, Rosie and Tina have new homes and I used the money to buy babies!?!? I drove a LONG way to buy a Cream Legbar BOY for our young ladies! Also bought a 55 Flowery Hen.
Oooh!!! I love both those breeds!!!!!! I’m thinking you made a good decision.

Thanks @April Barta We had never heard of the Flowery 55, but I heard big white eggs and auto sexing chicks and I was sold. Really wish I had the money for 2 Flowery 55's, but sadly I did not. BUT - now we do not have ANY laying hens again.

I'm going to try to get Tootie to mother these new babies?

Still no eggs from these ungrateful freeloaders. I thought I should update their pictures. We were just mentioning that we had not weighed the girls in a long time LOL. One of these days I will, but since they moved out to the Hen House, they seem to like me less and less.

Little Bit had already gone in for the night, but her picture is on this thread a lot. I will update with a newer photo of her when I get one. Here is Gracey and Buffey at 21 weeks.
View attachment 1352961 View attachment 1352960

All three at 18 weeks.
View attachment 1352976

I sure hope that my Little Boy Blue will grow up to be fill my Blue Man expectations of him!
View attachment 1352990

Continue to follow our tiny flock here ... I Can't Believe We Did This Again
Any day for eggs! I’m waiting on a couple of my girls to get with it too. Lol. Make sure to post when you do get that golden first egg!!

I was right! It is Gracey, she left us another egg this morning. Here is a pic next to the Green wooden egg that she laid her egg next to today :) Yesterday, it was in the floor of the hen house.
Blue.Egg.Gracey30Apr.jpg

He is asolitely stunning!!!
Thank You! I thought so too, but I am a little bias. He has become SOOOO skittish ! I handled him every day when he was just a boy. It seems like the day his hormones kicked in, he became scared of his own shadow. He no longer wants to have ANYTHING to do with me. :(
17Wks.BlueMan1l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom