Baby Chicks Arrived!

Pics

Enchanted1s

Songster
Sep 25, 2017
New Mexico
Thank you all for answering all of my questions while we stressed out awaiting the arrival of our three female babies. I was able to pick them up at the post office at about 0615 this morning. All three were chirping loudly when I arrived at the Post Office! Now they are eating and drinking in their new home. Two Cream Legbar's and one Buff Orpington.
Cream.Legbars.Day2.jpg
Day 2.HeatPlate.jpg
Cream.Legbars.Day2.jpg
Day 2.HeatPlate.jpg
Buffy.jpg

Thank you all for answering all of my questions while we stressed out awaiting the arrival of our three female babies. I was able to pick them up at the post office at about 0615 this morning. All three were chirping loudly when I arrived at the Post Office! Now they are eating and drinking in their new home. Two Cream Legbar's and one Buff Orpington. View attachment 1198458 View attachment 1198459 View attachment 1198458 View attachment 1198459 View attachment 1198462

So precious! :love :wee

Thank you all. They seem to be doing just fine. I have witnessed every one of them eat, drink and poop! They have been eating almost non stop since they arrived. I don't know if we will ever order babies online again - it was very stressful worrying about their wellbeing & shipping is VERY pricey and pretty much non-refundable. MPC offers your money back on the chickens if they are not alive for 48 hours & if they send you a Roo, but the shipping costs way more than the birds! and is likely never to be refunded. But, the babies did arrive - just the 3 of them, like we ordered. We are very happy and relieved. Looking forward to watching them grow, thrive and become members of our flock.

Here are a little better pictures of our two Cream Legbar's and one Buff Orpington.
Cream1.Day2.JPG
Cream2.Day2.JPG
Buffy.jpg

Best news ever! Im waiting on my babiesto come on Friday & its taking FOREVER!! mine are coming clear across the dang country so I hope they can tough the colder air up north during the travels, I'm getting 10 easter eggers.
The wait is brutal - we did not sleep much once we knew the babies were in a box! Ours came from OH to NM. A long journey for them and last night was the coldest we have had this year. My post office was less than helpful in finding out where they were or when they would arrive. I am partly to blame as I should have gone down there and asked them in person.

@Elmochook I hope yours arrive safe and healthy! Be sure to share pictures when they arrive! Where did you order from? Most of the hatcheries I looked at shipped only on Mon & Tues so they would arrive no later than Thursday. Our USPS tracking number was pretty much useless.

Back
Top Bottom