Baby chicks not making it help!!!

nikkwiecinski

In the Brooder
Nov 16, 2018
I just got my first batch of chicks one week ago, i got 3 orphingtons, 2 amberlinks. They all started out healthy and the same size. I have them in a rubber maid with chicken wire on top and a heat lamp set to 95 degrees, i got them at tractor supply and they suggested getting electrolite and probiotic for their water. So they had chick starter food and two seperate waters one with plain water and the other had the other stuff mixed in.

They all seemed happy but than one of my amberlinks who was the smallest of the group was found dead one morning, i transported all of the chicks out to a temp container and cleaned their cage and changed the bedding food etc. the next day my four remaining chicks were fine until that night my last amberlink didnt look great but the 3 orphingtons looked fine the next morning two of them had dyed i cleaned everything out and now i am down to too. I am following all of the directions i found online perfectly and have no idea what i did wrong!! Any help would be greatly appreciated

I also want to get more chicks bc i built a huge house for all of them but i am not quite sure on how to do that at this point since my two last chicks are about a week and a half old at this point

I can post a pic of the brooder once i get home from work! However it is just a large rubber maid tote, i cut out the center of the lid and replaced it with chicken wire so it essentially has no lid. The light is facing one side of it that it roughly 90-95 degrees, the far side of the tote is probally about 80 ish.

This thread has me so intrigued. I am so sorry for your losses. What ended up happening and fellow members, what is your theory? This is the exact set up I have.

Back
Top Bottom