Baby chicks poops blooldy

Aug 21, 2020
Hi i have one amercana pullet from tractor co supply today she pooped a bloody poop and i found she has the Coccidiosis diease how do i treat it at home. i keep the enviroment clean in healthy even tho the chicks dig there bedding in th water and food should i separate her because of it the main question is how do i treat her.

Hi i have one amercana pullet from tractor co supply today she pooped a bloody poop and i found she has the Coccidiosis diease how do i treat it at home. i keep the enviroment clean in healthy even tho the chicks dig there bedding in th water and food should i separate her because of it the main question is how do i treat her.
If the chick is not acting lethargic, then there is no need to separate it. Just treat everyone with Corid; if powdered use 3/4 tsp for every gallon of water and make sure it is their only source of water so you’re sure they drink it. Treat for 5 days.
keeping the environment clean and sanitized is sometimes not enough with coccidiosis unfortunately; those little parasites are everywhere. Fortunately if caught early it’s easy to treat.

ThANK YOU soo munchh you saved my life :)
Also, don't give any vitamin supplements while treating with corid. CORID mimics thiamin (Vitamin B1) which is required by coccidia for normal growth and reproduction. When coccidia ingest CORID, they experience thiamin deficiency and starve from malnutrition. You can give the supplements after treatment. Change their water once, or twice, a day while treating for 5-7 days. When converting for chickens, the math works out to 1.5 teaspoons per gallon of water. This is for the corid powder.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom