1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

baby chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lisa lees, Sep 21, 2013.

1. lisa lees

lisa lees In the Brooder

I have three little babies one is a silkie one is a amaricana silkie frizzled mix and the other I'm not sure I know she is silkie but I don't know what she is mixed with she is tiny maybe cochin there all about 3 weeks old anyway the tiny one always has crusty stuff around her eyes and peak and always has poop around her bottom I'm thinking antibiotics but I don't know how much to give them I don't want to hurt them .... I started raising chicken about 8 mo. Ago I got 6 chicks from a feed store 2 amaricanas 2 road islands and 2 australorps I have had so must fun with these chicken so I then bought 4 hens and one roster all black morans there not very nice never really been handled but they lay great deep brown eggs but these silkies have been a problem since I got them I started out with 2 I bought from a breeder one died and the one remaining was so upset about being alone I had my husband go back to the same lady maybe a mistake and he got 4 more I lost 2 of them so I am now left with three strong healthy chicks but I don't know if it's the breed are the breeder but they have been a struggle to keep healthy and now this little silkie mix comes down with all this crusty stuff around her eyes its so frustrating ugh any anybody have any advise :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by